RE: [FSP] Liberty seekers - who and what are they seeking

  • Brian W.
    Message 1 of 31 , May 8, 2009
      When I do get going, I tend to write a bit.

      [.government.steals everything that's not nailed down.] and what can be
      pried up is not nailed down.

      I would like to see the tax burdens revert back to pre-1913 as well. I fear
      we will not get even a portion of that desire; that the prying will start,
      since they pretty much have taken what is not nailed down. If a trend does
      occur to where people start seeing pre-1913 tax rules as good thing, the two
      parties in charge will have to be tossed out, or at lease change
      fundamentally (which I do not see happening). I've been advocating tossing
      them out for quite a while; hence the protest voting I've done all my life.

      Getting the government to change is one thing. That is a matter
      of getting people in and doing it. The real problem is getting the general
      public to understand the need. As long as they think they can get something
      from the government and feel the government owes them, they will keep
      handing over their freedoms until they are in complete in servitude. What
      I've seen of most people, they deserve it.

      People as a whole are not in a position of self sufficiency.
      Most family co-ops have given way to corporate control. And, very few
      immediate families are intact, let alone extended families. Until the law
      enforce and strengthen those entities again, I fear there is no hope. The
      pre-1913 existence had individuals relying on and helping support the family
      units.

      There were many things in my replies and I knew was going to be lost in the
      forest of confusion. I considered tossing in different threads, but went
      with that. I will add another for one of the missed areas.

      I'll cut this one shorter.

      Brian

      _____

      Message 31 of 31 , May 25, 2009
        Oh, I got the reference. Still, though. Same reaction. ---Tim