Re: money for nuthin'

  • uli_rob
    Message 1 of 2221 , Oct 4, 2001
      i'm glad we can make peace here. i really didn't
      come here to start trouble. again, i fully support
      each individuals right to freedom. maybe my mistake
      was saying "government" should provide the
      necessities. i didn't necessarily mean the present day
      connotation of government.<br><br>also, if i move to alaska
      and live in the wilderness, i may personally
      experience freedom but my concern is for everyone, not just
      me.<br>i was using my personal poverty as examples of how
      freedom is taken away by economic means by both the
      government and large corporations.<br><br>i do not believe
      rich people are evil. i hope to be rich someday. not
      so i can have 5 cars and 6 houses and a boat, but so
      i can do some good in the world.<br><br>>we want
      to live among people who can take care of
      themselves... who believe in free markets...and who won't be
      voting for another welfare state.<br><br>i would hope to
      live among people who can take of themselves but who
      have no problem helping others in need through
      volunteer efforts, not government force. i was trying to
      find out if you guys were that type of
      people.<br><br>>it sounds more like you have a problem working for
      other people<br><br>for the most part, yes. for most
      conventional "jobs", you have to comply with company rules to
      keep the privilege of doing work for someone else.
      piss tests, dress codes, etc. that is not freedom
      unless you can choose to not work for someone else,
      which i have done. but it comes at a high cost -
      poverty, at least initially. it could be a different story
      if you really like your job but the majority of
      americans have jobs they don't like cause they need to
      eat.<br><br>>Maybe you'd feel better about moving to Alaska or
      something, way out into the bush?<br><br>i'm not seeking a
      solution to my personal lack of freedom. i seek a solution
      to everyone's lack of freedom.<br><br>i realize we
      will probably continue to disagree on these points and
      that's ok. i'm still anti-government control like you so
      i'm ending the money issue if you want and we'll
      discuss other aspects of the FSP.<br><br>i mean no harm
      here. i'm trying to help.<br>thanks.<br>rob
    • Gold Standard Press
      Message 2221 of 2221 , Jan 13, 2003
        If we start out at the Town or County level, it will be pretty easy to soon find out whether our favorite candidates turn out to be True to their Word.

        c.