Re: money for nuthin'

  • uli_rob
    Message 1 of 2221 , Oct 3, 2001
      first, i want to say that i'm enjoying this
      discussion and learning from it. thank you.<br><br>>Not
      so! Big companies are owned by lots of small
      individuals no richer than you, hoping to someday have enough
      for retirement.<br><br>this may be true but those big
      companies (rj reynolds, american airlines) use their
      collective individual wealth to push a single agendas.
      companies become entities unto themselves that serve their
      own interests so their manipulations of an
      individual's freedom are just as grievous as if one person had
      all that money/power and used it to his/her own
      interest. worse, actually because it's not even man
      abridging the rights of man. it's a man-made organization
      abridging the rights of man.<br>the government in my
      opinion is a similar type of man-made organization/big
      company that is always operating in it's own interest
      despite the abrigements of its people's freedoms.<br>if
      we were to argue which is worse, i would agree it's
      government. but i think both big companies (i'm all for small
      business) and the feds are sharing the same
      bed.<br><br>>Dude, have you seen how many companies are failing now?
      In a competitive market, they are not looking for
      fat profits, just survival.<br><br>and don't you
      think a lot more of those companies would survive and
      eventually thrive if they got a chunk of Bill Gates' $45
      billion? or how about some of the $345 billion defense
      budget just approved?<br><br>>But only one of those
      two can use force to take your money--the other has
      to ask for it, and provide a quality service in
      stereotype) companies don't ask for it. they lie cheat and
      steal just as much as anyone. misleading advertising,
      covering up defects. the game has become "how can you
      separate them from their money?" with little concern over
      the quality of product or service
      provided.<br><br>>You should stop worrying about how much freedom the
      rich have, and focus on how little freedom the poor
      have.<br><br>i'm not worried about how much freedom anyone has. i
      am worried that not everyone is free. if we think we
      can achieve freedom by ourselves, we're kidding.
      everyone has to be free or no one is truly free. that's
      why i believe that to free ourselves we must free
      everyone, hence the spread the wealth argument. it's
      neutralizes organizations' (government, companies, churches)
      ability to manipulate individual's freedoms.<br>also, the
      rich are not necessarily free by definition. many are
      slaves to their sources of wealth, just as the poor are
      slaves to their sources of income.
    • Gold Standard Press
      Message 2221 of 2221 , Jan 13, 2003
        If we start out at the Town or County level, it will be pretty easy to soon find out whether our favorite candidates turn out to be True to their Word.

        c.