Top 10 Tax-Friendly Cities

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2009
      "It's not what you earn, it's what you keep that often dictates your
      standard of living. With that in mind, take this quick tour of the ten
      cities in the nation that have the lowest overall tax burden. These
      cities came out on top (er, at the bottom, really) of the 2007-2008
      District of Columbia survey of state and local tax burdens for the
      largest city in each state, plus D.C. ...

      No. 2 Manchester, New Hampshire
      Income tax: $0
      Property tax: $2,349
      Sales tax: $0
      Auto tax: $493
      STATE & LOCAL TAX BURDEN: 3.8%
      Urban Facts: New Hampshire's favorable tax structure and Manchester's
      proximity to Boston makes it an attractive residence for flinty New
      Englanders. ..."
      http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/106691/Top-10-Tax-Friendly-Cities

      On the other hand, /Chicago/ makes the list, so there are clearly
      additional considerations...
      --

      --= My life, my property, my decisions. =--
      --= BikerBill=- ©¿©¬ =--