Re: money

  • simplulo
    Message 1 of 2221 , Oct 3, 2001
      Uli (is that short for Ulrich?), your instincts
      rightly inform you that you are the victim of injustice,
      but you've mis-identified the culprit: you've
      switched the givers and the takers. Individuals, sometimes
      in teams called companies, generate wealth, and they
      can do various things with it, including sharing it
      with friends, family, or other needy people. A
      government does not have any wealth of its own to share; it
      must first take (by force, usually called 'stealing',
      but in this case called 'taxation') from somebody
      else. Of course, in the process of playing Robin Hood,
      the government keeps some for itself (government
      workers). This is in fact how the mafia works. However,
      there is a second, invisible victim of government
      taking besides the visibly taxed producer: it is you,
      the consumer.<br><br>You are poor not because you
      don't receive enough money, but because prices are
      artificially high, incredibly inflated by taxes and
      regulation. Obviously there is sales tax, but that is just a
      start. Who pays income tax? Not just the rich: the
      income tax on a highly-paid professional gets *passed on
      to the consumer* as higher product costs. The
      capital gains and interest/divident taxes get passed onto
      companies as higher costs of borrowing, which get passed on
      to you again as higher product costs. The costs of
      regulation get passed on to you, not to the politician or
      bureaucrat who dreams it up.<br><br>>my car died today
      and i have no money <br><br>Look at all the ways
      driving costs are inflated. The income taxes of auto
      workers, and the corporate income tax on the manufacturer,
      get passed on to you. The car has to meet all kinds
      of regulatory standards (e.g. gas mileage), whose
      higher costs are paid by you, whether you want them or
      not. You pay sales tax, a huge amount in some states.
      You then pay gasoline tax, which is a lot more than
      sales tax (here in Germany it is 75% of the pump
      price!). You pay vehicle registration tax. When you pay
      the repairman, you are paying his income taxes as
      well, hidden in the price. I suspect that the people in
      this forum can think of even more ways that your cost
      of vehicle ownership is increased.<br><br>The
      government takes from me to give to you, and from you to
      give to me. The only person who in the end comes out
      winner is the middleman....
    • Gold Standard Press
      Message 2221 of 2221 , Jan 13, 2003
        If we start out at the Town or County level, it will be pretty easy to soon find out whether our favorite candidates turn out to be True to their Word.

        c.