Re: Philosophy of Liberty DVD for NH Legislators

  • Michael Gilson-DeLemos
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 20, 2009
      I strongly encourage this.

      In 2002 we did a similar thing in Florida. We included the Advocates
      QUIZ in a SASE and followed up with e-mails, phone calls, and a copy
      of our newsletter. We also did the same with media that had in past
      written about Libertarians, and selected community and other leaders.
      The results were excellent in terms of meeting people, developing
      relations, and pushing legislation since then. We did a mailer for
      some and an e-mail with links for others, and as long as there was
      follow up the results were good.

      This also works well at the local level, resulting in speaking
      invitations and suggestions of advisory board appointive
      opportunities.

      Keep up the good work!

      MG

      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Pierre"
      <scitarel@...> wrote:

      > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Denis Goddard"
      > <denis.goddard@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Jason P Sorens"
      > > <jsorens@> wrote:
      > > > include a survey with the DVD and say, "We would like your
      > > > feedback!" If they get to tell you something back, they're
      probably
      > > > more likely to watch in the first place.
      > >
      > > That's bloody brilliant!
      > >
      > > If left to my own devices, there's a 50% chance I'll include such
      > > survey.
      > > If ANYONE provides me with a survey to include, that jumps to 100%
      > >
      > > Jason, I'm looking at you... but I'll take any submissions I get!
      > > Deadline: Friday, Jan 16
      > >

      > Denis, I'll submit a survey to you by Friday, Jan. 16th. I
      understand
      > if you decide to go with a different version.
      >
      > --Sandy

    • Denis Goddard
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 23, 2009
        A few weeks ago, I posted on my blog
        <http://freestateblogs.net/pol_dvd_4_leg> the idea to give a copy of
        the Philosphy of Liberty animation <http://philosophy.nhliberty.org/>
        and cover letter <http://freestateblogs.net/files/PoL4Legs.pdf> to
        every member of the NH legislature.

        Thanks to generous donations from a number of people, this project is
        now a reality. I just got the DVDs delivered today; this weekend I'll be
        getting copies of the cover letters
        <http://freestateblogs.net/files/PoL4Legs.pdf> and an accompanying
        questionnaire.

        The next step is to get these in the hands of the legislature, starting
        with the House. The plan is to place them on the desks of House
        Committee members just before the public hearings.

        This Tuesday, Feb 27th, most committees will be having hearings. Alone,
        I can manage only 1 or 2 committees'-worth of discs, so I'll be hitting
        Commerce
        <http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?\
        code=H43> and Municipal & County Government
        <http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?\
        code=H18> .

        If you can help, and can commit to meeting me at the State House
        Cafeteria at 8:30 AM, please shoot me an email or post on the NHLA
        Forum, here
        <http://www.nhliberty.org/forum/index.php?topic=1688.msg12768#msg12768>
        . Should take us only a few minutes. Of course, there are some
        interesting hearings
        <http://www.nhliberty.org/upcoming_house_hearings?year=2009&impact=10&ne\
        xt_days=5> going on that morning -- I'll be staying for at least one of
        those.

        Thanks,
        -Denis