Re: Philosophy of Liberty DVD for NH Legislators

  • Sandy Pierre
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2009
      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Denis Goddard"
      <denis.goddard@...> wrote:

      > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Jason P Sorens"
      > <jsorens@> wrote:
      > > include a survey with the DVD and say, "We would like your
      > > feedback!" If they get to tell you something back, they're probably
      > > more likely to watch in the first place.
      >
      > That's bloody brilliant!
      >
      > If left to my own devices, there's a 50% chance I'll include such a
      > survey.
      > If ANYONE provides me with a survey to include, that jumps to 100%
      >
      > Jason, I'm looking at you... but I'll take any submissions I get!
      > Deadline: Friday, Jan 16

      Denis, I'll submit a survey to you by Friday, Jan. 16th. I understand
      if you decide to go with a different version.

      --Sandy
    • Michael Gilson-DeLemos
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 20, 2009
        I strongly encourage this.

        In 2002 we did a similar thing in Florida. We included the Advocates
        QUIZ in a SASE and followed up with e-mails, phone calls, and a copy
        of our newsletter. We also did the same with media that had in past
        written about Libertarians, and selected community and other leaders.
        The results were excellent in terms of meeting people, developing
        relations, and pushing legislation since then. We did a mailer for
        some and an e-mail with links for others, and as long as there was
        follow up the results were good.

        This also works well at the local level, resulting in speaking
        invitations and suggestions of advisory board appointive
        opportunities.

        Keep up the good work!

        MG

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Pierre"
        <scitarel@...> wrote:

        > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Denis Goddard"
        > <denis.goddard@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Jason P Sorens"
        > > <jsorens@> wrote:
        > > > include a survey with the DVD and say, "We would like your
        > > > feedback!" If they get to tell you something back, they're
        probably
        > > > more likely to watch in the first place.
        > >
        > > That's bloody brilliant!
        > >
        > > If left to my own devices, there's a 50% chance I'll include such
        > > survey.
        > > If ANYONE provides me with a survey to include, that jumps to 100%
        > >
        > > Jason, I'm looking at you... but I'll take any submissions I get!
        > > Deadline: Friday, Jan 16
        > >

        > Denis, I'll submit a survey to you by Friday, Jan. 16th. I
        understand
        > if you decide to go with a different version.
        >
        > --Sandy

      • Denis Goddard
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 23, 2009
          A few weeks ago, I posted on my blog
          <http://freestateblogs.net/pol_dvd_4_leg> the idea to give a copy of
          the Philosphy of Liberty animation <http://philosophy.nhliberty.org/>
          and cover letter <http://freestateblogs.net/files/PoL4Legs.pdf> to
          every member of the NH legislature.

          Thanks to generous donations from a number of people, this project is
          now a reality. I just got the DVDs delivered today; this weekend I'll be
          getting copies of the cover letters
          <http://freestateblogs.net/files/PoL4Legs.pdf> and an accompanying
          questionnaire.

          The next step is to get these in the hands of the legislature, starting
          with the House. The plan is to place them on the desks of House
          Committee members just before the public hearings.

          This Tuesday, Feb 27th, most committees will be having hearings. Alone,
          I can manage only 1 or 2 committees'-worth of discs, so I'll be hitting
          Commerce
          <http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?\
          code=H43> and Municipal & County Government
          <http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?\
          code=H18> .

          If you can help, and can commit to meeting me at the State House
          Cafeteria at 8:30 AM, please shoot me an email or post on the NHLA
          Forum, here
          <http://www.nhliberty.org/forum/index.php?topic=1688.msg12768#msg12768>
          . Should take us only a few minutes. Of course, there are some
          interesting hearings
          <http://www.nhliberty.org/upcoming_house_hearings?year=2009&impact=10&ne\
          xt_days=5> going on that morning -- I'll be staying for at least one of
          those.

          Thanks,
          -Denis