The Second Amendment and the Free State

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2008
      With anti-gun Democrats in control of the White House and Congress, everyone
      who believes in the right to self defense should at least consider New
      Hampshire, the pro-Second Amendment Free State, as an alternative place to
      move to and live. What follows is from a New Hampshire 2nd Amendment
      activist in New Hampshire:

      Everyone: There appears to be a great deal of concern among those that
      support the Right to Keep and Bear Arms about the potential results of the
      recent election. There has been a very large increase in firearms sales and
      we have been swamped with people signing up for our NRA Basic Pistol
      classes.

      Someone I know was in Pete's Gun and Tackle which is in south Hudson, NH not
      too far from the Massachusetts border. He overheard a conversation between
      two young men from Mass who came in looking to purchase handguns. After
      being told that under federal law they could not purchase handguns outside
      their state, they started discussing moving to New Hampshire.

      I don't know if this is an isolated incident or if there are others in his
      situation. However, there might be some value in asking NH gun shops,
      especially those near the border and large ones such as Riley's permission
      to post information on the Free State Project and leave some Free State
      Project fliers for non-NH residents who come in. Unfortunately I will not
      have time to do this because I am very busy scrambling to make available
      extra classes to those looking for training. Our Basic Pistol classes
      through the rest of the year filled up within days of November 4th, and I'm
      trying to pull together assistance to add at least one more class this year
      and to get them scheduled for next year.

      It is important to note that although NH has gone Democratic for the time
      being at the state level anti-self defense (anti-gun) bills are still being
      defeated. For instance, a new Democratic state rep introduced a bill during
      this last session to prohibit concealed carry of firearms inside the state
      capitol. I was at the hearing, and no one other than the sponsor spoke in
      support of the bill. It quickly went down to defeat in the committee. One of
      the early speakers against it was the Democratic leader in the house. In the
      meantime, the state rep who introduced the bill lost her primary election
      this year to another Democrat.

      Tony Lekas
      Safety Officer
      Wilson Hill Pistol Club