Rep. Winters fundraiser Friday!

  • Joel Winters
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2008
      Election day is just a few weeks away, and the Joel Winters campaign is holding its only fundraising event this Friday, October 17th.

      In 2006, many of you helped me become the first early mover with the FSP to get elected to state office. Over the past two years, I've spoken out on the floor of the House, killing a number of bad bills before they went any further. I've sponsored pro-liberty legislation like HB685, which opted the Free State out of REAL ID. I need your help in 2008 to be the first early mover to be RE-ELECTED to state office.

      As the only Democratic Porcupine running for state office, I have a unique opportunity to influence legislation in Concord. The ability to speak up in the Democratic caucus and offer pro-liberty arguments against a piece of pending legislation has helped me kill bad bills like the contractor licensing bill earlier this year. For the FSP to succeed, it needs to have friends in all the political parties.

      Philip Hodson is hosting a fundraising event in Bedford this Friday. Every dollar raised will go directly to postage for a mailer to the voters in my district. A suggested $20 donation will put postcards in the mail to 92 households in the district.

      The event will take place from 7:00 to 10:00 in the event hall at
      Philip Hodson's apartment complex in Bedford. Directions are pretty
      easy. From Manchester, head south on Route 3 towards Merrimack. Take
      a left onto Hawthorne Drive. The complex, 38 Hawthorne, is on the left, but we're asked to park on Hawthorne Drive. Look for the Joel Winters signs and you'll know you're in the right place.

      Can't make the event but still want to help? Donations can be made online through https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/entity/14848

      Hope to see you there!

      Rep. Joel Winters