Re: [FSP] Important Digg! Free State Project members join Ron Paul Revolution March

  • Jon Isaac
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
      Nobody's *connecting* the FSP to Ron Paul. I think many people would
      like to connect freedom-loving Ron Paul (or Obama, or McCain)
      supporters to the FSP.

      On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:
      > Everyone: I think Denis is a great guy and a great Porcupine, and I love his
      > wife, the FSP leader Irina...but what's the purpose of connecting the Free
      > State Project to a failed candidate who has dropped out of the race GOP? Ron
      > Paul is great, just as much as was Barry Goldwater, but when Goldwater lost
      > the election in 1964 everyone went to work changing and building up the
      > party, preparing for the next great battle, which would eventually bring
      > Ronald Reagan to the White House. Ron Paul, love him as much as we do (and I
      > voted for him), peaked in the New Hampshire primary with 8% of the vote
      > (which is a far cry from Goldwater winning the nomination but losing in the
      > general election). He is unfortunately now a non-starter. The "Ron Paul
      > Re-evolution" is fully as hopeless as running national candidates on the
      > Libertarian Party ticket is (which is why the Free State Project exists). We
      > need to concentrate on two things: (1) State politics and political offices
      > in the Free State of New Hampshire, and (2) upcoming conservatives on the
      > national scene in the mold of Goldwater and Reagan. That way lies victory,
      > not in chimerical protests and gatherings for a candidate who never got more
      > than 8% of the vote.
      >
      > Sorry.
      >
      > Timothy Condon, Esq.
      > VOLLRATH-CONDON, P.A.
      > 307 S. Fielding Ave., Suite #2
      > Tampa, Florida 33606
      > 813-251-2626 Fax 813-254-2979
      > Email tim@...
      >
      > On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Denis Goddard <denis.goddard@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> Want a lot more like-minded people to come join the revolution in NH?
      >> It's easy to help -- just Digg this video!
      >>
      >> http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_members_join_Ron_Paul_Revolu\<http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_members_join_Ron_Paul_Revolu%5C>
      >> tion_March
      >>

      >> The video itself is on the FSP front page, "in the spotlight"

    • David Mincin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
        I think you folks going to DC to promote the FSP will the Paul supporters
        was an excellent idea. I met quite a few out of state Ron Paul folks during
        the campaign, and most were quite interested in the FSP. Actually a few
        were already freestaters, and plan to be moving soon.

        Anything that keeps the folks coming, in by book, is good.

        Dave

      • Kevin Craig
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
          At 11:25 -0400 7/14/08, Tim Condon wrote:
          >Everyone: I think Denis is a great guy and a great Porcupine, and I love his
          >wife, the FSP leader Irina...but what's the purpose of connecting the Free
          >State Project to a failed candidate who has dropped out of the race GOP?

          You're right, spreading the word and handing out FSP literature in a
          gathering of 7,000 hard-core liberty lovers is a *terrible* idea. :)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
            Aha! When put that way, I totally agree with you! It was my impression that
            Denis kind of wanted the FSP to join the Ron Paul Re-evolution, or be a
            facet of it in some way. You are exactly right that these humongous rallies
            for Ron Paul are excellent fishing grounds for potential Porcupines. I
            withdraw my whining and bitching about it! ---Tim