Re: [FSP] Important Digg! Free State Project members join Ron Paul Revolution March

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
      Everyone: I think Denis is a great guy and a great Porcupine, and I love his
      wife, the FSP leader Irina...but what's the purpose of connecting the Free
      State Project to a failed candidate who has dropped out of the race GOP? Ron
      Paul is great, just as much as was Barry Goldwater, but when Goldwater lost
      the election in 1964 everyone went to work changing and building up the
      party, preparing for the next great battle, which would eventually bring
      Ronald Reagan to the White House. Ron Paul, love him as much as we do (and I
      voted for him), peaked in the New Hampshire primary with 8% of the vote
      (which is a far cry from Goldwater winning the nomination but losing in the
      general election). He is unfortunately now a non-starter. The "Ron Paul
      Re-evolution" is fully as hopeless as running national candidates on the
      Libertarian Party ticket is (which is why the Free State Project exists). We
      need to concentrate on two things: (1) State politics and political offices
      in the Free State of New Hampshire, and (2) upcoming conservatives on the
      national scene in the mold of Goldwater and Reagan. That way lies victory,
      not in chimerical protests and gatherings for a candidate who never got more
      than 8% of the vote.

      Sorry.

      Timothy Condon, Esq.
      VOLLRATH-CONDON, P.A.
      307 S. Fielding Ave., Suite #2
      Tampa, Florida 33606
      813-251-2626 Fax 813-254-2979
      Email tim@...

      On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Denis Goddard <denis.goddard@...>
      wrote:

      > Want a lot more like-minded people to come join the revolution in NH?
      > It's easy to help -- just Digg this video!
      > http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_members_join_Ron_Paul_Revolu\<http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_members_join_Ron_Paul_Revolu%5C>
      > tion_March
      >

      > The video itself is on the FSP front page, "in the spotlight"

    • Chris Lawless
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
        Tim,

        You are missing the point.

        There were 10,000 ACTIVISTS at the Ron Paul March.  Many of them had never heard of the FSP.  Most of them had questions about the FSP.  People were EXCITED to hear about our progress in NH about libertarians actually DOING something instead of debating.

        I plan on bring another group to the RonPaul Campaign for Liberty in MN on Sept 2nd (details to follow).  There might be about 11,000 ACTIVISTS in MN who are Ron Paul supporters.  And we want them to move to NH.

        Where else do you think we will get likely FSP movers?   McCain Rallies?  Obama Rallies? I mean according to your logic we should go after them... I mean they 'won'.

        The 2 things you mention that we should be doing... I agree with 100%.  I am helping on campaigns here in NH, I was elected, I am running for delegate for the NHGOP and help run a GOP PAC.

        But I need 500 more people here in NH.  And that is why we went to DC.  Looking for Activists.

        BTW... we got 8 people to sign up, 133 to get the FSP newsletter and handed out about 1500 flyers, 500 bookmarks and 300 packs of FSP matches, got interviewed on several blogs, got to address the crowd about the FSP, interviewed by radio and maid contact with  future speakers of the FSP 2009 Liberty Forum.

        I still like you Tim!

        Chris
        www.ronpaulhq.com

        Email tim@timcondon. net

        On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Denis Goddard <denis.goddard@ gmail.com>
        wrote:

        > Want a lot more like-minded people to come join the revolution in NH?
        > It's easy to help -- just Digg this video!
        > http://digg. com/politics/ Free_State_ Project_members_ join_Ron_ Paul_Revolu\<http://digg. com/politics/ Free_State_ Project_members_ join_Ron_ Paul_Revolu% 5C>
        > tion_March
        >

        > The video itself is on the FSP front page, "in the spotlight"

      • Jon Isaac
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
          Nobody's *connecting* the FSP to Ron Paul. I think many people would
          like to connect freedom-loving Ron Paul (or Obama, or McCain)
          supporters to the FSP.

          On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:
          > Everyone: I think Denis is a great guy and a great Porcupine, and I love his
          > wife, the FSP leader Irina...but what's the purpose of connecting the Free
          > State Project to a failed candidate who has dropped out of the race GOP? Ron
          > Paul is great, just as much as was Barry Goldwater, but when Goldwater lost
          > the election in 1964 everyone went to work changing and building up the
          > party, preparing for the next great battle, which would eventually bring
          > Ronald Reagan to the White House. Ron Paul, love him as much as we do (and I
          > voted for him), peaked in the New Hampshire primary with 8% of the vote
          > (which is a far cry from Goldwater winning the nomination but losing in the
          > general election). He is unfortunately now a non-starter. The "Ron Paul
          > Re-evolution" is fully as hopeless as running national candidates on the
          > Libertarian Party ticket is (which is why the Free State Project exists). We
          > need to concentrate on two things: (1) State politics and political offices
          > in the Free State of New Hampshire, and (2) upcoming conservatives on the
          > national scene in the mold of Goldwater and Reagan. That way lies victory,
          > not in chimerical protests and gatherings for a candidate who never got more
          > than 8% of the vote.
          >
          > Sorry.
          >
          > Timothy Condon, Esq.
          > VOLLRATH-CONDON, P.A.
          > 307 S. Fielding Ave., Suite #2
          > Tampa, Florida 33606
          > 813-251-2626 Fax 813-254-2979
          > Email tim@...
          >
          > On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Denis Goddard <denis.goddard@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> Want a lot more like-minded people to come join the revolution in NH?
          >> It's easy to help -- just Digg this video!
          >>
          >> http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_members_join_Ron_Paul_Revolu\<http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_members_join_Ron_Paul_Revolu%5C>
          >> tion_March
          >>

          >> The video itself is on the FSP front page, "in the spotlight"

        • David Mincin
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
            I think you folks going to DC to promote the FSP will the Paul supporters
            was an excellent idea. I met quite a few out of state Ron Paul folks during
            the campaign, and most were quite interested in the FSP. Actually a few
            were already freestaters, and plan to be moving soon.

            Anything that keeps the folks coming, in by book, is good.

            Dave

          • Kevin Craig
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
              At 11:25 -0400 7/14/08, Tim Condon wrote:
              >Everyone: I think Denis is a great guy and a great Porcupine, and I love his
              >wife, the FSP leader Irina...but what's the purpose of connecting the Free
              >State Project to a failed candidate who has dropped out of the race GOP?

              You're right, spreading the word and handing out FSP literature in a
              gathering of 7,000 hard-core liberty lovers is a *terrible* idea. :)
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
                Aha! When put that way, I totally agree with you! It was my impression that
                Denis kind of wanted the FSP to join the Ron Paul Re-evolution, or be a
                facet of it in some way. You are exactly right that these humongous rallies
                for Ron Paul are excellent fishing grounds for potential Porcupines. I
                withdraw my whining and bitching about it! ---Tim