Re: [FSP] Free State Project movie: trailer on YouTube! PLEASE DIGG!

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2008
      As always, it will appeal to some and appall others. The video is
      nicely done, but as internally contradictory as the FSP community.

      Early on there was one unfortunate but intentional juxtaposition:
      showing throwing snowballs at a federal building, then "we gotta get
      bigger ammo," then someone shooting. Ironically, the CD people like
      Russell practice non-violence, but the viewer is not left with that
      impression. Selectively quoting Russell ("We need to destroy the
      system") adds to it.

      20K movers will never become a voting majority in NH. They will have
      to rely on persuading the local populace. You have to wonder whether
      the images and actions shown in this film, and the people attracted by
      them, will move us closer to "liberty in our lifetime".

      I'm sure future versions of the trailer will achieve more balance as
      the filmmakers acquire more material. I'd like to see more shots of
      home-schooling, some "Safest State" statistics, and fewer guns.

      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Condon" <tim@...> wrote:

      > Hooooooo boy. I predict the trailer, and the film, will drive more
      people
      > away from the Free State Project than anything that has come out
      about us
      > previously. Sorry. ---Tim Condon
      >

      > On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Denis Goddard <denis.goddard@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_movie_trailer_on_YouTube
      > >
      > > Two independent filmmakers are working on a film about the Free State
      > > Project, titled A Candid World. Civil disobedience acts, like getting
      > > arrested for giving a manicure... pelting Federal buildings with
      > > snowballs... overwhelming the Legislature... and HUNDREDS of of
      > > libertarians and Ron Paul supporters massing in one place.

    • ftl_ian
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2008
        Why would a movie about the FSP "drive people away"? They are already
        away. Publicity like this will only drive people towards the FSP.

        Why be so negative?
        Ian

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Condon" <tim@...> wrote:

        > Hooooooo boy. I predict the trailer, and the film, will drive more
        people
        > away from the Free State Project than anything that has come out
        about us
        > previously. Sorry. ---Tim Condon

      • Carol Moore/Secession.Net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2008
          Good comments. It's bad enough when major media twist our views. At
          least alleged supporters should be pressured to do their best to be
          accurate and not impose their own (in this case rather macho) agenda.
          See two new secession sites, by the way http://youtube.com/secessionnow
          and http://youtube.com/middleburyinst (Middlebury Institute)

          I won't personally link to it from http://youtube.com/carolmoore,
          despite some good footage in it.

          --
          Carol Moore in DC
          http://carolmoore.net/

          NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
          the National Security Agency may have read this
          email without judicial or legislative oversight
          or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
          recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.