Free State Project movie: trailer on YouTube! PLEASE DIGG!

  • Denis Goddard
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2008
      http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_movie_trailer_on_YouTube

      Two independent filmmakers are working on a film about the Free State
      Project, titled A Candid World. Civil disobedience acts, like getting
      arrested for giving a manicure... pelting Federal buildings with
      snowballs... overwhelming the Legislature... and HUNDREDS of of
      libertarians and Ron Paul supporters massing in one place.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2008
        Hooooooo boy. I predict the trailer, and the film, will drive more people
        away from the Free State Project than anything that has come out about us
        previously. Sorry. ---Tim Condon

        On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Denis Goddard <denis.goddard@...>
        wrote:

        > http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_movie_trailer_on_YouTube
        >
        > Two independent filmmakers are working on a film about the Free State
        > Project, titled A Candid World. Civil disobedience acts, like getting
        > arrested for giving a manicure... pelting Federal buildings with
        > snowballs... overwhelming the Legislature... and HUNDREDS of of
        > libertarians and Ron Paul supporters massing in one place.

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2008
          As always, it will appeal to some and appall others. The video is
          nicely done, but as internally contradictory as the FSP community.

          Early on there was one unfortunate but intentional juxtaposition:
          showing throwing snowballs at a federal building, then "we gotta get
          bigger ammo," then someone shooting. Ironically, the CD people like
          Russell practice non-violence, but the viewer is not left with that
          impression. Selectively quoting Russell ("We need to destroy the
          system") adds to it.

          20K movers will never become a voting majority in NH. They will have
          to rely on persuading the local populace. You have to wonder whether
          the images and actions shown in this film, and the people attracted by
          them, will move us closer to "liberty in our lifetime".

          I'm sure future versions of the trailer will achieve more balance as
          the filmmakers acquire more material. I'd like to see more shots of
          home-schooling, some "Safest State" statistics, and fewer guns.

          --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Condon" <tim@...> wrote:

          > Hooooooo boy. I predict the trailer, and the film, will drive more
          people
          > away from the Free State Project than anything that has come out
          about us
          > previously. Sorry. ---Tim Condon
          >

          > On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Denis Goddard <denis.goddard@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > http://digg.com/politics/Free_State_Project_movie_trailer_on_YouTube
          > >
          > > Two independent filmmakers are working on a film about the Free State
          > > Project, titled A Candid World. Civil disobedience acts, like getting
          > > arrested for giving a manicure... pelting Federal buildings with
          > > snowballs... overwhelming the Legislature... and HUNDREDS of of
          > > libertarians and Ron Paul supporters massing in one place.

        • ftl_ian
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14, 2008
            Why would a movie about the FSP "drive people away"? They are already
            away. Publicity like this will only drive people towards the FSP.

            Why be so negative?
            Ian

            --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Condon" <tim@...> wrote:

            > Hooooooo boy. I predict the trailer, and the film, will drive more
            people
            > away from the Free State Project than anything that has come out
            about us
            > previously. Sorry. ---Tim Condon

          • Carol Moore/Secession.Net
            Message 5 of 5 , May 17, 2008
              Good comments. It's bad enough when major media twist our views. At
              least alleged supporters should be pressured to do their best to be
              accurate and not impose their own (in this case rather macho) agenda.
              See two new secession sites, by the way http://youtube.com/secessionnow
              and http://youtube.com/middleburyinst (Middlebury Institute)

              I won't personally link to it from http://youtube.com/carolmoore,
              despite some good footage in it.

              --
              Carol Moore in DC
              http://carolmoore.net/

              NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
              the National Security Agency may have read this
              email without judicial or legislative oversight
              or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
              recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.