FSP featured in March issue of New Hampshire magazine

  • Sandy Pierre
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
      The FSP got a nice write-up in the March 2008 issue of New Hampshire
      magazine (the one with a dog on the cover). The article is about the
      best towns in NH for various types of people (young couples, retirees,
      etc.); each category has a winning town and a runner-up. In the
      category "To Live Free or Die", the town of Richmond was selected as
      the winner for its religious and political conservatism (it's the only
      town in the state in which Ron Paul won the primary). The final
      paragraph of this category is as follows:

      "'The runner-up in this category is not so much a place as a state of
      mind', says Calvin Pratt, spokesperson for the Free State Project.
      The project hopes to lure about 20,000 liberty-minded individuals to
      the state that they recognized as being most receptive to principles
      of self-government and individual rights. The snappy license plate
      motto wasn't all that they liked about New Hampshire, he says, noting
      the lowest per capita state tax burden was another incentive. Pratt
      says that Free Staters (about 300 new arrivals so far, by one
      estimate) do not have an "enclave" in the state, but are locating the
      same way as most other newcomers - seeking out affordable housing and
      jobs along the I-93 corridor, for the most part."

      --Sandy
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2008
        Wow, cool.

        Here's a link to the article, which we should post in our Latest News:
        http://www.nhmagazine.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080301/NHM01/600234330/-1/NHM

        We should also negotiate a subscription discount with them for both
        New Hampshire Magazine and New Hampshire Home:
        http://www.nhmagazine.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=HOME06
        and offer them in our Store:
        http://www.freestateproject.org/store/nh

        I wonder what towns Ron Paul won in the entire country? Even as the
        other candidates dropped out, Ron Paul never did any better in a
        primary than the 8% in NH:
        http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#302

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Pierre" <scitarel@...>