Club for Growth "RePork card"

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
      The Club for Growth has released its report card on members of Congress
      regarding how they voted on outrageous and outrageously wasteful pork
      earmarks. See it at
      http://www.clubforgrowth.com/2007/08/the_2007_club_for_growth_repor.php.

      Guess what: Carol Shea-Porter is among the very worst; she voted against
      wasteful pork earmarks only 0% of the time, or NOT ONCE out of 50 votes.

      Paul Hodes? Almost as bad: He voted against pork spending ONCE (or 1 out of
      50 votes), for a 2% rating.

      Obviously, for New Hampshire, both Hodes and Shea-Porter suck as U.S.
      Representatives. Everyone feel free to pass these shameful records on to
      libertarian or conservative (not RINO) GOP candidates who will be running
      against them in the upcoming election.

      (FYI, Sen. Sununu got an 80% rating, voting against 12 out of 15 pork
      projects, and Sen. Gregg got a 47%, voting against pork projects 7 out of 15
      votes.) ---Tim Condon

    • Joel Winters
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2007
        > Posted by: "Tim Condon" tim@... suggesto
        >
        > The Club for Growth has released its report card on members of
        > Congress regarding how they voted on outrageous and outrageously
        > wasteful pork earmarks. See it at:
        http://www.clubforgrowth.com/2007/08/the_2007_club_for_growth_repor.php.

        Wow, what a partisan report you gave us, Tim.

        Want to mention Democratic Congressman Cooper (D-TN-5)? A 98% on the
        re'pork' card is pretty darn good.

        The wonderful Republicans Senators Sununu and Gregg got 80% and 47% -
        how did the Republican from Texas' 14th district do?

        Ron Paul only voted for only 12 of the 50 anti-pork amendments, giving
        him a 29%. By my count, at least 100 congressmen did better then the
        'libertarian' presidential candidate.

        And how about 34 million for the Alaska Native Education Equity
        program, requested by Republican Congressman Don Young?

        Without researching this group I've never heard of and their previous
        report cards, I'd guess that the majority party usually has more
        earmarks then the minority party.

        NH State Rep. Joel Winters (D)
      • S.Monroe
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 30, 2007
          The reason Dr. Paul votes for some of the "PORK" is because he is an advocate of the district he represents. That is probably true for most Reps. Dr. Paul has made it clear numerous times that he is opposed to the "earmarks" but they are a fact of the system at this time. He simply wants to give back to his community what the Feds already stole from his constituents. He wouldn't use these earmarks if the Feds hadn't already stolen it. Why should the Feds steal our money and then give it back with "special" restrictions on it? That's extortion. Let the State government Reps, like you Mr. Winters, decide what to collect and what to spend it on and use logic and rational argument to convince the people of the State that this is "for their benefit." Instead, you use the faceless, emotionless and highly weaponized Fed bureaucracy to do your dirty work for you. Much harder making the case to steal from the people when you have to look them in the eye,
          isn't it?

          > The Club for Growth has released its report card on members of

          > Congress regarding how they voted on outrageous and outrageously

          > wasteful pork earmarks. See it at:

          http://www.clubforg rowth.com/ 2007/08/the_ 2007_club_ for_growth_ repor.php.

          Wow, what a partisan report you gave us, Tim.

          Want to mention Democratic Congressman Cooper (D-TN-5)? A 98% on the

          re'pork' card is pretty darn good.

          The wonderful Republicans Senators Sununu and Gregg got 80% and 47% -

          how did the Republican from Texas' 14th district do?

          Ron Paul only voted for only 12 of the 50 anti-pork amendments, giving

          him a 29%. By my count, at least 100 congressmen did better then the

          'libertarian' presidential candidate.

          And how about 34 million for the Alaska Native Education Equity

          program, requested by Republican Congressman Don Young?

          Without researching this group I've never heard of and their previous

          report cards, I'd guess that the majority party usually has more

          earmarks then the minority party.

          NH State Rep. Joel Winters (D)

          <!--

          #ygrp-mkp{
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a{
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o{font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal{
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq{margin:4;}
          -->

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 30, 2007
            Don't blame me, Joel. I just report what the Club for Growth has to say.
            It's a pretty well-known political group that specializes in hunting down
            and defeating RINO's, although it has and will support a good Democrat over
            a bad Republican when the opportunity presents itself. --Tim Condon

            On Dec 29, 2007 10:39 PM, Joel Winters <homer1787@...> wrote:

            > > Posted by: "Tim Condon" tim@... suggesto
            > >
            > > The Club for Growth has released its report card on members of
            > > Congress regarding how they voted on outrageous and outrageously
            > > wasteful pork earmarks. See it at:
            > http://www.clubforgrowth.com/2007/08/the_2007_club_for_growth_repor.php.
            >
            > Wow, what a partisan report you gave us, Tim.
            >
            > Want to mention Democratic Congressman Cooper (D-TN-5)? A 98% on the
            > re'pork' card is pretty darn good.
            >
            > The wonderful Republicans Senators Sununu and Gregg got 80% and 47% -
            > how did the Republican from Texas' 14th district do?
            >
            > Ron Paul only voted for only 12 of the 50 anti-pork amendments, giving
            > him a 29%. By my count, at least 100 congressmen did better then the
            > 'libertarian' presidential candidate.
            >
            > And how about 34 million for the Alaska Native Education Equity
            > program, requested by Republican Congressman Don Young?
            >
            > Without researching this group I've never heard of and their previous
            > report cards, I'd guess that the majority party usually has more
            > earmarks then the minority party.
            >
            > NH State Rep. Joel Winters (D)

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 30, 2007
              S.Monroe wrote:
              > Let the State government Reps, like you Mr. Winters, decide what to collect and what to spend it on and use logic and rational argument to convince the people of the State that this is "for their benefit." Instead, you use the faceless, emotionless and highly weaponized Fed bureaucracy to do your dirty work for you.

              You were doing fine until... I surely, deeply hope you're not referring
              to Mr. Winters with that "you"...
              --

              --= My life, my property, my decisions. =--
              --= BikerBill=- ©¿©¬ =--