Re: [NHPorcupines-announce] NH State Guard / Constitutional Militia, 10/28/2007, 6:00 pm

  • Eric Reinhardt
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
      Good post Tim. U.S. Code gives the governors of each state the
      authority to have their own state militias, independent of the
      National Guard. There is another yahoo group that deals exclusively
      with these state guards.

      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Condon" <tim@...> wrote:

      > Everyone, I received the notice below quite late (like, on the day
      the
      > meeting is taking place). This appears to be a legitimate New
      Hampshire

      announce@yahoogroups.com <
      > NHPorcupines-announce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > Reminder from: *NHPorcupines-announce Yahoo!
      > > * Title: NH State Guard / Constitutional Militia Date:
      Sunday
      > > October 28, 2007 Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Location: Brentwood
      Militaria
      > > LLC 388 Route 125 Brentwood, NH Street: Brentwood Militaria LLC
      388
      > > Route 125 City State Zip: Brentwood, NH Notes: ( Passing this
      along at
      > > Dan Itse's request )
      > >
      > > WHAT: NH State Guard / Constitutional Militia
      > > WHO: NH State Guard Study Group, Rep. Dan Itse, and former Rep.
      Henry
      > > McElroy (and you!)
      > > WHERE: Brentwood Militaria LLC 388 Route 125 Brentwood, NH
      > > Map: http://tinyurl.com/2y7qwd
      > > WHEN: Sunday Oct 28, 6:00 PM
      > >
      > > Readiness is dependent on two things actually; Training and Proper
      > > Prior Planning - Proper prior planning in that you don't spend
      every
      > > training opportunity you have fixed on a single subject causing
      other
      > > skills to suffer. We are going to use two U.S. Army Manuals to
      train
      > > the members of the NHSG. These books are the STP 21-1-
      > > SCMT "Soldier's Manual of Common Tasks - Skill Level One" dated
      > > August 2003 and the STP 21-24-SMCT "Soldier's Manual of Common
      > > Tasks - Skill Levels 2, 3 and 4" Dated August 2003.
      > >
      > > These two books were determined by Army to contain all the common
      > > tasks required by all soldiers from the entry level(SL1)to the
      first
      > > line supervisor(SL2)to middle management(SL3)to senior leadership
      > > (SL4). We will not focus on combat skills as much as we will be
      > > focusing on defensive skills such as the following;
      > >
      > > * First Aid (1-4)
      > > * Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense (1-4)
      > > * Survive (1-4)
      > > * Navigate (1-4)
      > > * Communicate (1-4)
      > > * Observe (1-4)
      > > * Casualty Reporting and Handling (3-4)
      > > * Defense Measures (3-4)
      > > * Unit Operations (3-4)
      > > * Security and Control (3-4)
      > > * Equipment Checks (3-4)
      > > * Risk Management (3-4)
      > > * Administration and Management (3-4)
      > > * Crowd Control (3-4)
      > >
      > > I have given copies of these books to several individual already
      and
      > > I have more on hand, please see me at the shop in Brentwood
      > > to put a set of these manuals aside for you.
      > >
      > > I will be putting together a study guide and a program of
      instruction
      > > shortly so we can start working together toward building up our
      skills. Get
      > > reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and email.
      announce/cal?v=75>
      > > Copyright (c) 2007 Yahoo! Inc. <http://www.yahoo.com> All
      Rights Reserved
      Policy<http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us>