Re: [NHPorcupines-announce] NH State Guard / Constitutional Militia, 10/28/2007, 6:00 pm

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2007
      Everyone, I received the notice below quite late (like, on the day the
      meeting is taking place). This appears to be a legitimate New Hampshire
      militia, as provided for in the state constitution. I won't be able to make
      this meeting, but I intend to join when I'm again in NH in a few days. This
      is an excellent way to learn new skills, sharpen old ones, and be of service
      to the Free State of New Hampshire. I urge everyone to get in touch and sign
      up, especially since state representatives Itse and McElroy are involved in
      assisting and/or leading it. Note also that this is not a "combat
      organization," but a group that will focus mainly on defensive military
      skills, including skills that will help us to help others in time of natural
      disasters or similar problems in the future. ---Tim Condon

      On 28 Oct 2007 19:56:39 -0000, NHPorcupines-announce@yahoogroups.com <
      NHPorcupines-announce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > * Title: NH State Guard / Constitutional Militia Date: Sunday
      > October 28, 2007 Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Location: Brentwood Militaria
      > LLC 388 Route 125 Brentwood, NH Street: Brentwood Militaria LLC 388
      > Route 125 City State Zip: Brentwood, NH Notes: ( Passing this along at
      > Dan Itse's request )
      >
      > WHAT: NH State Guard / Constitutional Militia
      > WHO: NH State Guard Study Group, Rep. Dan Itse, and former Rep. Henry
      > McElroy (and you!)
      > WHERE: Brentwood Militaria LLC 388 Route 125 Brentwood, NH
      > Map: http://tinyurl.com/2y7qwd
      > WHEN: Sunday Oct 28, 6:00 PM
      >
      > Readiness is dependent on two things actually; Training and Proper
      > Prior Planning - Proper prior planning in that you don't spend every
      > training opportunity you have fixed on a single subject causing other
      > skills to suffer. We are going to use two U.S. Army Manuals to train
      > the members of the NHSG. These books are the STP 21-1-
      > SCMT "Soldier's Manual of Common Tasks - Skill Level One" dated
      > August 2003 and the STP 21-24-SMCT "Soldier's Manual of Common
      > Tasks - Skill Levels 2, 3 and 4" Dated August 2003.
      >
      > These two books were determined by Army to contain all the common
      > tasks required by all soldiers from the entry level(SL1)to the first
      > line supervisor(SL2)to middle management(SL3)to senior leadership
      > (SL4). We will not focus on combat skills as much as we will be
      > focusing on defensive skills such as the following;
      >
      > * First Aid (1-4)
      > * Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense (1-4)
      > * Survive (1-4)
      > * Navigate (1-4)
      > * Communicate (1-4)
      > * Observe (1-4)
      > * Casualty Reporting and Handling (3-4)
      > * Defense Measures (3-4)
      > * Unit Operations (3-4)
      > * Security and Control (3-4)
      > * Equipment Checks (3-4)
      > * Risk Management (3-4)
      > * Administration and Management (3-4)
      > * Crowd Control (3-4)
      >
      > I have given copies of these books to several individual already and
      > I have more on hand, please see me at the shop in Brentwood
      > to put a set of these manuals aside for you.
      >
      > I will be putting together a study guide and a program of instruction
      > shortly so we can start working together toward building up our skills. Get
      > reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and email.
      > Copyright (c) 2007 Yahoo! Inc. <http://www.yahoo.com> All Rights Reserved
      > | Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> | Privacy Policy<http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us>

    • Eric Reinhardt
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
        Good post Tim. U.S. Code gives the governors of each state the
        authority to have their own state militias, independent of the
        National Guard. There is another yahoo group that deals exclusively
        with these state guards.