US Constitution Day 2007

  • R. Lee Wrights
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2007
      US Constitution Day 2007
      by R. Lee Wrights

      "This is an excellent opportunity for local Libertarian and liberty-oriented
      groups to put on a 'positive face.' Far too often we are seen with our
      'negative face' on. Libertarians are always against something or other, or
      so it seems. What with rising taxation rates and ever-expanding bureaucratic
      regulations, spending and waste, the government gives us plenty to be
      against. But this is a chance for us to be for something. And, it is not as
      hard as you might think to get local governing boards to support a
      resolution recognizing Constitution Day. They are almost afraid not to
      embrace such an idea once it is presented to them openly. I mean, are not
      all government officials sworn to defend and uphold the US Constitution? How
      could you explain you were against such a resolution when it came time for
      reelection? So, don't be afraid to try this. It is fun and easier than you
      think."
      See the complete article and a copy of the resolution at:
      http://www.libertyforall.net/?p=827

      --
      Only interested in Liberty,

      R. Lee Wrights

      Editor-in-chief, Libertyforall.net http://www.libertyforall.net
      Editor, Rational Review News http://www.rationalreview.com/news/index.html
      Contributing Editor, Rational Review http://www.rationalreview.com
      Editor, The Choice Channel http://tinyurl.com/fau3f

      "I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in
      philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson