Re: New to this...

  • apugh75
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
      californians are shunned? well maybe but certainly not as much as
      them damn Texans! There is nothing to worry about. What don't you
      understand that you want to know more about?

      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "lovely.ishtar"
      <lovely.ishtar@...> wrote:

      > Im a bit confused on the free state project, but from what i do
      > understand it sounds good.
      >
      > From what i have read on New Hampshire already, i am incredibly
      > impressed, i formerly wanted to relocate to Oregon, but i think I
      have
      > changed my mind.
      >
      > Could someone maybe help me out in understanding more.
      >
      > I also am a bit concerned as to where I am from. Californians are
      > pretty much shunned in every state. I want and love liberty like any
      > hard working american and don't want to be judged by where I'm from.
      >

      > -Teri

    • lovely.ishtar
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
        Thank you bill, that was a lovely thing to say.

        I'm all for it, we have a handsome amount of money coming
        to us soon that will probably be enough to put a down payment
        on a home.

        -Teri

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
          The current president of the Free State Project moved from Fresno to the
          Free State with his wife and two small children. Come on in. The water's
          fine. ---Tim Condon (transplant from Florida).

          On 8/15/07, lovely.ishtar <lovely.ishtar@...> wrote:

          > Im a bit confused on the free state project, but from what i do
          > understand it sounds good.
          >
          > From what i have read on New Hampshire already, i am incredibly
          > impressed, i formerly wanted to relocate to Oregon, but i think I have
          > changed my mind.
          >
          > Could someone maybe help me out in understanding more.
          >
          > I also am a bit concerned as to where I am from. Californians are
          > pretty much shunned in every state. I want and love liberty like any
          > hard working american and don't want to be judged by where I'm from.
          >

          > -Teri

        • lovely.ishtar
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
            One thing we are worried about is the cost of living,
            and the job market. Being able to make enough to afford a home etc.

            My husband works in Construction and Commercial/Residential Painting
            I get the impression that it is a very High Tech focused job market there.

            If there are any resources you could give us that would be great.

            -Teri