New to this...

  • lovely.ishtar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
      Im a bit confused on the free state project, but from what i do
      understand it sounds good.

      From what i have read on New Hampshire already, i am incredibly
      impressed, i formerly wanted to relocate to Oregon, but i think I have
      changed my mind.

      Could someone maybe help me out in understanding more.

      I also am a bit concerned as to where I am from. Californians are
      pretty much shunned in every state. I want and love liberty like any
      hard working american and don't want to be judged by where I'm from.

      -Teri
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
        lovely.ishtar wrote:
        > I also am a bit concerned as to where I am from. Californians are
        > pretty much shunned in every state. I want and love liberty like any
        > hard working american and don't want to be judged by where I'm from.

        The important part isn't where you're from (although that does provide
        you the benefit of perspective). The important part is that you'll make
        the (granted, self-serving) sacrifice and commitment to leave there for
        the grand and historic (perhaps even final) experiment to restore
        liberty. And for that, you are honored. Songs and stories time...
        --

        --= My life, my property, my decisions. =--
        --= BikerBill=- ©¿©¬ =--
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
          californians are shunned? well maybe but certainly not as much as
          them damn Texans! There is nothing to worry about. What don't you
          understand that you want to know more about?

          --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "lovely.ishtar"
          <lovely.ishtar@...> wrote:

          > Im a bit confused on the free state project, but from what i do
          > understand it sounds good.
          >
          > From what i have read on New Hampshire already, i am incredibly
          > impressed, i formerly wanted to relocate to Oregon, but i think I
          have
          > changed my mind.
          >
          > Could someone maybe help me out in understanding more.
          >
          > I also am a bit concerned as to where I am from. Californians are
          > pretty much shunned in every state. I want and love liberty like any
          > hard working american and don't want to be judged by where I'm from.
          >

          > -Teri

        • lovely.ishtar
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
            Thank you bill, that was a lovely thing to say.

            I'm all for it, we have a handsome amount of money coming
            to us soon that will probably be enough to put a down payment
            on a home.

            -Teri

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
              The current president of the Free State Project moved from Fresno to the
              Free State with his wife and two small children. Come on in. The water's
              fine. ---Tim Condon (transplant from Florida).

              On 8/15/07, lovely.ishtar <lovely.ishtar@...> wrote:

              > Im a bit confused on the free state project, but from what i do
              > understand it sounds good.
              >
              > From what i have read on New Hampshire already, i am incredibly
              > impressed, i formerly wanted to relocate to Oregon, but i think I have
              > changed my mind.
              >
              > Could someone maybe help me out in understanding more.
              >
              > I also am a bit concerned as to where I am from. Californians are
              > pretty much shunned in every state. I want and love liberty like any
              > hard working american and don't want to be judged by where I'm from.
              >

              > -Teri

            • lovely.ishtar
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
                One thing we are worried about is the cost of living,
                and the job market. Being able to make enough to afford a home etc.

                My husband works in Construction and Commercial/Residential Painting
                I get the impression that it is a very High Tech focused job market there.

                If there are any resources you could give us that would be great.

                -Teri