Re: [RLCNH] Re: From Lawyer Ed Mosca via Paul Mirski

  • tim condon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2007
      Dan is right, as are Ed Mosca, Jane Aitken, and Paul Mirski. Dan's plan I
      believe is the best. In order to make the Republicans grow some backbone,
      one thing needs to be trumpeted, over an over and over again: As has been
      repeated explained by economic Thomas Sowell, and repeatedly argued by
      pundit Cal Thomas....

      "There is no connection between spending and educational achievement....There
      are many examples that show spending and educational success are not
      related. New Jersey, which had the highest per-pupil expenditure in the
      1996-97 school year ($10,241) and the second smallest pupil-to-teacher
      ratio, received nearly 50 percent of its public education funding from
      federal sources. Yet its students ranked 39th on the 1998 Scholastic
      Aptitude Test. Conversely, Minnesota, which stood 27th in per-pupil spending
      ($5,826), received the highest ranking in student achievement on the same
      test, according to the American Legislative Exchange Council's 'Report Card
      on American Education.'"

      We must fight to keep schools controlled by the towns and funded by the
      towns independently. And we must face down the unconstitutional Claremont
      rulings of the state supreme court. ---Tim Condon