Coming to NH

  • teslamind
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006
      My wife and I are planning a little vacation the first week of August.
      Nothing big, just a road trip to enjoy some much needed time
      together. However, our main purpose is to see a litte bit of New
      Hamshire and start getting an idea of where we are moving to when my
      step-daughter graduates high school in a couple of years. With that
      in mind we would like to learn how we can establish residency while
      we're up there. We believe that this will keep us in the mindset and
      help us to attain our goal. It will give us the ability to help shape
      the debate for the future of our homestate. Plus, driving around with
      NH plates in the Middle of Maryland will really spark some
      conversation around all my liberalfriends that are really hating
      Maryland, even though this is a liberal haven.

      Is there anyone out there that can help us? Perhaps someone that is
      already there. This particular time up I'm not concerned with where
      the location is. I just want to accomplish our goal of residency.

      Thanks,

      Allen & Andrea Burnsworth
    • Jane
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
        Allen, suggest you post this request to the NHPorcupines-
        Discuss@yahoogroups.com list!
        The people who are already here will most likley chime in with ideas.

        On Jul 10, 2006, at 7:45 PM, teslamind wrote:

        > My wife and I are planning a little vacation the first week of August.
        > Nothing big, just a road trip to enjoy some much needed time
        > together. However, our main purpose is to see a litte bit of New
        > Hamshire and start getting an idea of where we are moving to when my
        > step-daughter graduates high school in a couple of years. With that
        > in mind we would like to learn how we can establish residency while
        > we're up there. We believe that this will keep us in the mindset and
        > help us to attain our goal. It will give us the ability to help shape
        > the debate for the future of our homestate. Plus, driving around with
        > NH plates in the Middle of Maryland will really spark some
        > conversation around all my liberalfriends that are really hating
        > Maryland, even though this is a liberal haven.
        >
        > Is there anyone out there that can help us? Perhaps someone that is
        > already there. This particular time up I'm not concerned with where
        > the location is. I just want to accomplish our goal of residency.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Allen & Andrea Burnsworth

        ***
        "You shall have one world government, whether or not you like it, by
        consent or by conquest."
        -- Former FDR aide, James Warburg CFR/TC, in testimony before the US
        Senate Foreign Relations
        Committee, 17 Feb 1950.
      • John McGondel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
          This is John McGondel. Unless the laws have changed, one can register a
          vehicle in NH without having a NH drivers license. The problem comes up when
          someone registers a car here, and they really live elsewhere. By law, I
          believe that one has a max of ninety days to change one's license over to a
          NH license, and neighbors have been known to innitiate cop problems in other
          states, particularly but not limited to Mass., cause they are jealous that
          someone next door is taking advantage of "lower" insurance rates by
          registering out of state. They have been cracking down on this, and post
          office boxes do not cut it. One establishes residency, according to my
          understanding, at one's town hall, where they typically demand a utility
          bill or at least a copy of a deed or lease. Best of luck, and if I can help
          in the future, please do not hesitate to ask. John McGondel. "The end of
          learning is the beginning of dying" (Me).

          >From: "teslamind" <warriorsage@...>
          >To: freestateproject@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [FSP] Coming to NH
          >Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:45:41 -0000
          >
          >My wife and I are planning a little vacation the first week of August.
          > Nothing big, just a road trip to enjoy some much needed time
          >together. However, our main purpose is to see a litte bit of New
          >Hamshire and start getting an idea of where we are moving to when my
          >step-daughter graduates high school in a couple of years. With that
          >in mind we would like to learn how we can establish residency while
          >we're up there. We believe that this will keep us in the mindset and
          >help us to attain our goal. It will give us the ability to help shape
          >the debate for the future of our homestate. Plus, driving around with
          >NH plates in the Middle of Maryland will really spark some
          >conversation around all my liberalfriends that are really hating
          >Maryland, even though this is a liberal haven.
          >
          >Is there anyone out there that can help us? Perhaps someone that is
          >already there. This particular time up I'm not concerned with where
          >the location is. I just want to accomplish our goal of residency.
          >
          >Thanks,
          >
          >Allen & Andrea Burnsworth

        • Mike Lorrey
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
            Actually, if teslamind lives near DC at all, he should be able to get
            away with it, since so many people in government are, at least on
            paper, residents of the states they represent, or of the states
            represented by the people they work for.

            You can bet that the 'onorable Kennedy wasn't asked his residency when
            he drunkenly molested that traffic barrier with his car...

            Mike Lorrey
            President, Lorrey Aerospace
            http://www.lorrey.biz
            Founder, Constitution Park Foundation