Comcast to add jobs to NH

  • Jane
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      For anyone looking to come here!

      http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Comcast+to+add+60
      +workers+in+NH&articleId=a9683e83-091d-4c88-8886-46f85c760e08

      Comcast to add 60 workers in NH
      By DENIS PAISTE
      Union Leader Staff
      1 hour, 7 minutes ago

      MANCHESTER – Comcast plans to add 60 new jobs in New Hampshire over
      the next 90 days. They are among a total of 400 new hires throughout
      its New England region, which the company said yesterday.

      Comcast said the additional employees are needed to keep pace with
      customer demand for its cable TV, high-speed Internet and voice
      products.

      Comcast now has more than 800 employees in the Manchester area and
      1,200 around the state. It opened a new call center at Island Pond
      Road and East Industrial Park Drive in 2004.

      “Comcast delivers our customers best-in-class service and a superior
      product suite of video, voice and data at a tremendous value,” Kevin
      Casey, president of Comcast’s Northern Division, said in a statement.

      “We are looking for high energy, hard-working and talented
      individuals who can help us meet the ever-growing demand for our
      products and services,” he said.

      Comcast said the planned hires include 150 technicians to work in
      Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Connecticut, 130 customer care
      representatives for its Malden, Mass., call center and more than 100
      other positions.

      With the addition of these jobs, Comcast anticipates it will employ
      more than 6,000 professionals in New England, a 10 percent increase
      over a year ago.

      Headquartered in Philadelphia, Comcast Cable is a division of Comcast
      Corp. It has 21.7 million cable customers, 9 million high-speed
      Internet customers and 1.5 million voice customers. Comcast’s
      Northern Division, based in Manchester, serves 2.8 million customers
      in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, New York,
      western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and West Virginia.
    • sueki
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
        THANK YOU for posting that! I plan on movingf to NH at
        the end of this summer.
        SueK

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/XgSolB/TM

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Chris Lawless
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2006
          Welcome Sueki!!
          Don't forget to sign the pledge for First 1000:

          www.pledgebank.com/first1000

          Also please post over at NHFREE.com to let us know
          when you arrive so that we can help you move in.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jane
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8, 2006
            I try to post positive things about NH that might make folks want to
            come here.

            Some people don't understand what a lovely old-fashioned state we
            are, yet how modern we are.

            And a lack of a job is the main reason that keeps people away...

            On Jul 8, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Chris Lawless wrote:

> [...]
            > > > and more than 100
            > > > other positions.
            > > >
            > > > With the addition of these jobs, Comcast
            > > anticipates
            > > > it will employ
            > > > more than 6,000 professionals in New England, a 10
            > > > percent increase
            > > > over a year ago.
            > > >
            > > > Headquartered in Philadelphia, Comcast Cable is a
            > > > division of Comcast
            > > > Corp. It has 21.7 million cable customers, 9
            > > million
            > > > high-speed
            > > > Internet customers and 1.5 million voice
            > > customers.
            > > > Comcast’s
            > > > Northern Division, based in Manchester, serves 2.8
            > > > million customers
            > > > in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine,
            > > Connecticut,
            > > > New York,
            > > > western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and West

            ***
            "You shall have one world government, whether or not you like it, by
            consent or by conquest."
            -- Former FDR aide, James Warburg CFR/TC, in testimony before the US
            Senate Foreign Relations
            Committee, 17 Feb 1950.
          • Jane
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9, 2006
              Also if you write to me at this email I will post the details on the
              calendar at www.nhlibertycalendar.org so people can coordinate their
              activities and not plan something else on that date!

              Most happily do this voluntarily so we can have the maximum
              attendance at all events!
              It's the libertarian way and so far it works. :-)

              On Jul 8, 2006, at 6:46 PM, Jane wrote:

              > I try to post positive things about NH that might make folks want to
              > come here.
              >
              > Some people don't understand what a lovely old-fashioned state we
              > are, yet how modern we are.
              >
              > And a lack of a job is the main reason that keeps people away...
              >
              > On Jul 8, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Chris Lawless wrote:
              >
              >> Welcome Sueki!!
              >> Don't forget to sign the pledge for First 1000:
              >>
              >> www.pledgebank.com/first1000
              >>
              >> Also please post over at NHFREE.com to let us know
              >> when you arrive so that we can help you move in.
              >>
              >> --- sueki <sue_yuryan@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> THANK YOU for posting that! I plan on movingf to NH
              >>> at
              >>> the end of this summer.
              >>> SueK

              >> http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Comcast+to+add+60
              >>>>

              >> +workers+in+NH&articleId=a9683e83-091d-4c88-8886-46f85c760e08

              >>> New
              >>> new

              >>> center

              >>> anticipates

              >>> million
              >>> customers.
              >>> Connecticut,

              >>> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
              >>> protection around
              >>> http://mail.yahoo.com

              >> http://mail.yahoo.com
              >>

              > ***
              > "You shall have one world government, whether or not you like it, by
              > consent or by conquest."
              > -- Former FDR aide, James Warburg CFR/TC, in testimony before the
              > US
              > Senate Foreign Relations
              > Committee, 17 Feb 1950.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links