Cell service at Porc Fest!?

  • Jane
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
      This could mean MUCH better service at the Porc Fest in the future
      even if too late for this summer!

      Cell tower going up in northern N.H.
      LANCASTER, N.H. In wide part of northern New Hampshire, cell phones
      are just ornaments. But that is about to change.

      The Lancaster Planning Board this week approved a request to erect a
      cell phone tower on Mount Orne, opening a wide area of northern-most
      Coos County to service.

      Peter Riviere, director of the Coos County Economic Development
      Corporation, calls it a momentous occasion. He says the tower will
      open the area to other services, which he predicts will attract
      doctors, architects and others who can work remotely with technology.

      Construction on the tower probably will begin this summer.
    • Robert P. Hull
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2006
        Maybe.

        Just because a tower goes up, it doesn't necessarily mean the cell
        service providers have an interest in putting service on that tower. :)

        Bob

        On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:17:59AM -0400, Jane wrote:
        > This could mean MUCH better service at the Porc Fest in the future
        > even if too late for this summer!
        >

        > Cell tower going up in northern N.H.
        > LANCASTER, N.H. In wide part of northern New Hampshire, cell phones
        > are just ornaments. But that is about to change.
        >
        > The Lancaster Planning Board this week approved a request to erect a
        > cell phone tower on Mount Orne, opening a wide area of northern-most
        > Coos County to service.
        >
        > Peter Riviere, director of the Coos County Economic Development
        > Corporation, calls it a momentous occasion. He says the tower will
        > open the area to other services, which he predicts will attract
        > doctors, architects and others who can work remotely with technology.
        >
        > Construction on the tower probably will begin this summer.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jane
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14, 2006
          Well as I said, it 'could' mean better service. I mean if they are
          talking about other things besides phones, I would think phones would
          be a priority, especially for Verizon who already has wide but spotty
          coverage in that area.
          I noticed that I would get all my voice mails suddenly, at night, way
          up on Site #16. :-)