NH ranked #2 in per capita signers of Proclamation for the Sep of School & State

  • Sandy Citarella Pierre
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2006
      New Hampshire is currently ranked #2 (behind only sparsely populated
      Alaska) in per capita signatures on the Public Proclamation for the
      Separation of School & State: https://honestedu.org/page1.php

      If you live in NH and haven't already signed, please consider doing
      so! Getting NH to #1 might make for good advertising.
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2006
        The rankings page is here:
        http://www.honestedu.org/view/rankings.php?key=den

        The plege reads:

        "I proclaim publicly that I favor ending government involvement in
        education."

        While I generally agree, there is no mention of the time frame, the
        definition of "government" or the definition of "involvement".
        Federal government, tomorrow? Yes, no question. State government,
        tomorrow? Maybe not in a small state. Local government, tomorrow?
        Probably not, if "involvement" means vouchers.

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Citarella Pierre"