RE: Tax Qustions

  • Phil Boncer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005
      There will be surprises and problems. The ones I'm most aware of
      involve zoning, property taxes, and vehicle inspections and taxes.

      Please note that NH, while more free than most states, is *not* a
      libertarian state. If it already was, there would be no need for
      the FSP. We do have work to do to build a true Free State, and it
      will be long hard work.

      If you show up with the expectation that moving was the hard part,
      and everything is going to be hunky-dory after that, you are likely
      to be disappointed. If the vehicle tax really bothers you, you will
      be very welcome to work to get rid of it once you arrive.

      There will be many others who will be glad to help you do so, which
      is the real point of the FSP: that such battles will not be fought
      alone.

      PhilB
      "David" <dwebb5@...> wrote:
      Subject: Tax Qustions......

      I've recently learned about vechile registration and the "road use"
      TAX that goes with it, where you pay based on the value of the vechile.

      What is the percentage of this TAX rate?

      Please, someone tell me what other "Suprises" I am in for if/when I
      move to NH?
    • kd1843
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2006
        Representative Barbara Hagan proposed deleting the small taxes such as motor
        vehicle tax, gasoline tax, etc. I think she said there were fourteen. No
        one showed support for her bills and they have been recommended ITL.
        Harriet Cady

        "David" <dwebb5@...> wrote:

        I've recently learned about vechile registration and the "road use"
        TAX that goes with it, where you pay based on the value of the vechile.

        What is the percentage of this TAX rate?

        Please, someone tell me what other "Suprises" I am in for if/when I
        move to NH?

        Project
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Project+portfolio+management&w1=Project
        +portfolio+management&w2=Project+accounting&w3=Project+management+training&w
        4=Project+management&w5=Project+management+schools&w6=Project+management+sch
        ools&c=6&s=179&.sig=nt086nbM-y5d5115mLe4ow> portfolio management
        Project
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Project+accounting&w1=Project+portfolio
        +management&w2=Project+accounting&w3=Project+management+training&w4=Project+
        management&w5=Project+management+schools&w6=Project+management+schools&c=6&s
        =179&.sig=ZzMwQD8Rm6uPkdwFyHfZaA> accounting Project
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Project+management+training&w1=Project+
        portfolio+management&w2=Project+accounting&w3=Project+management+training&w4
        =Project+management&w5=Project+management+schools&w6=Project+management+scho
        ols&c=6&s=179&.sig=HSDWnD9yiC8pTCjbQ6B7sw> management training
        Project
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Project+management&w1=Project+portfolio
        +management&w2=Project+accounting&w3=Project+management+training&w4=Project+
        management&w5=Project+management+schools&w6=Project+management+schools&c=6&s
        =179&.sig=Jt1I8QHPjCH3RtTw4WBwgg> management Project
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Project+management+schools&w1=Project+p
        ortfolio+management&w2=Project+accounting&w3=Project+management+training&w4=
        Project+management&w5=Project+management+schools&w6=Project+management+schoo
        ls&c=6&s=179&.sig=cxbhVqulhah2mVzj44osjg> management schools Project
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Project+management+schools&w1=Project+p
        ortfolio+management&w2=Project+accounting&w3=Project+management+training&w4=
        Project+management&w5=Project+management+schools&w6=Project+management+schoo
        ls&c=6&s=179&.sig=cxbhVqulhah2mVzj44osjg> management schools

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "freestateproject
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freestateproject> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • Jane
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2006
          I had asked that she send me more info on this stuff and did not get
          it in time apparently.
          She can keep trying. Perhaps if the NHLA and other groups can focus
          on some of that legislation, we can
          help it get passed to get rid of some of those taxes.

        • David
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
            Thank you again for the clairification.

            This blunder could have cost me several thousand dollars had I purched
            a new vechile here, then moved to NH.
            Better to bring my old truck and pay transfer fees on it and wait to
            buy the new one, than to but the new one now and pay OH sales tax 7-8%
            then pay NH use tax in also.