Re: [FSP] Re: Will New Hampshire become the Estonia of America?

  • Alan R. Weiss
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 26, 2005
      Jason P Sorens wrote:

      >--- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Mike Lorrey <mlorrey@y...>
      >wrote:
      >

      >>Neither one of you know what you are talking about.
      >>

      >Snark alert!
      >

      >>The Hanover-Lebanon
      >>area is one of the most economically vibrant in the state, and has
      >>

      >the
      >

      >>lowest unemployment rate in the country, less than 1%.
      >>

      >I was thinking of the larger region. Beyond the towns of Hanover and
      >Lebanon themselves, the region does not seem to have benefitted much -
      >consider Claremont, for example.

      Compared to Austin, Silicon Valley, Seattle, Portland/Beaverton,
      Research Triangle Park, or a half dozen other areas with significant
      21st Century focus (or Bangalore, Shenzhen, etc.), its all quite
      small-time. Go buy some cheap Southwest Airline tickets and take tours
      of at least the North American places and see what I mean.

      My article details how to take it to the next level. Mike Lorrey's
      defensiveness (rather than embracing the main messages) shows there's a
      lot of work to be done, and that once again Mike Lorrey isn't going to
      be the one to lead it. But that's OK, Mike. All you have to do is get
      out of the way.

      --
      Alan R. Weiss
      CEO, EEMBC Certification Laboratories (ECL) and Synchromesh Computing

      ECL: http://www.ebenchmarks.com EEMBC: http://www.eembc.org
      Synchromesh Computing: http://www.synchromeshcomputing.com

      "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last." -- Winston Churchill

      This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.

    • Jim
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 28, 2005
        Most Texans come from somewhere else. All but about 10-15% of the
        Defenders of the Alamo came from other places. I came almost 20 years
        ago from Alabama by way of 16 years in Louisiana. Alan came by way of
        California. BOTH of us are proud adopted Texans. I became a Texan the
        same way Alan became one by allowing Mother Texas to adopt us ant to
        teach us to love Texas and be proud to be a part of it. It will be a
        mighty sacrifice for us to move to New Hampshire from such a place.

        Having said that, I don't think either on of us will come stomping
        into NH with our cowboy boots in order to "save" New Hampshire! I
        had a great opportunity to be part of the Dallas area Chamber of
        Commerce expedition after the "Raiders" had hijacked the JC Penney
        HQ. away from Manhattan. lewisville, my suburb town was vying for
        the HQ, but neighboring Plano beat us out. My display was based on
        the available real estate and the lifestyle difference they would see
        in the Metroplex. I had photos of Southfork Ranch, JR looking ESTATES
        that cost less than a roachy Manhattan 2 bdr. condo!

        I also told them that they would be welcome if they wanted to become
        one of our community, get involved, and banish ONE phrase....that
        was "this is how we did it in New York." I told them we wanted them
        as a apart of our community and not some isolated NYC Colony. I plan
        on having a LOT of fun with my Texas Schtick until it comes time to
        get serious. I promise not to file a lawsuit demanding either grits
        or salsa at every restaurant in New Hampshire. Although salsa and
        picante sauce are a food group around here.

        Jim

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lawless <dreepa@y...>