Smoke-Out America Sept. 10

  • Sandy Pierre
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      On September 10-17, protesters will be gathering in cities all over
      the world to protest the U.S. government's extradition of Marc Emery,
      President of the B.C. Marijuana Party. The United States is attempting
      to extradite him and two associates to face life in U.S. prison for
      selling cannabis seeds, a practice that has been openly tolerated by
      Canadian authorities and the Canadian people for a decade.

      I've posted the list of cities that will have protests below. See this
      website for more info: http://www.smokeoutamerica.ca/ No matter what
      your stance on the U.S. War on Drugs, this is a blatant infringement
      of Canadian sovereignty and is just plain shameful, not to mention
      tragic for Mr. Emery, his family and associates*. If you live in one
      of these cities, please consider participating. And more importantly,
      wear your FSP T-shirt and pass out some fliers and stickers while
      doing so! If you would like a supply of fliers mailed to you, please
      let me know ASAP so we can get them to you in time. Thanks for your help!

      Vancouver, BC September 10th
      2PM US Consulate
      1075 West Pender

      Halifax, NS September 10th
      Noon-6PM
      Grand Parade Square

      Toronto, ON September 10th
      3PM US Consulate
      360 University Avenue

      Ottawa, ON September 10th
      US Consulate

      Timmins, ON September 10th

      Calgary, AB September 10th
      2PM-4:20PM
      US Consulate
      615 Macleod Trail

      Edmonton, AB September 10th
      3PM Sir Winston Churchill Square

      Montreal, QC September 10th
      1PM Normand Bethune Parc at Guy-Concordia Metro station
      2PM March to US consulate
      1155 rue St-Alexandre

      St. John's, NL September 10th
      2PM-4PM Colonial Building
      Military Road

      Winnipeg, MB September 10th
      3PM American Consulate
      Winnipeg office
      860-201 Portage Avenue
      Contact Chris Buors
      (204) 294-2025

      Regina, SK September 10th
      4:20 Victoria Park

      New York, New York September 10th
      Noon-2PM Canadian Mission to the U.N
      47th St and 2nd Ave.
      More than 100 people are expected to attend, w. speakers including
      High Times Editor-in-Chief Rick Cusick, former HEADS editor-in-chief
      Paul DeRienzo, and Dana Beal, initiator of the Million Marijuana March.

      Chicago, Illinois September 10th
      2PM The Consulate General of Canada
      Two Prudential Plaza 180 North Stetson Avenue

      Boston, Massachusetts September 10th
      Noon-6PM
      Canadian Consulate
      Three Copley Place

      Detroit, Michigan September 16th 9AM Hart Plaza
      Noon Ford Field

      San Francisco, California TBD TBD

      San Diego, California TBD TBD

      Missoula, Montana September 10th
      Noon-10:30PM
      Caras Park
      With the Missoula Hemp Fest

      Honolulu, Hawaii TBD
      Australian (and Canadian) Consulate
      Penthouse Suite, 1000 Bishop Street

      Maui, Hawaii September 10th Noon-4:20PM
      More info: www.patientswithouttime.com or email
      info@...

      Washington, DC TBD
      Canadian Embassy
      501 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.

      Seattle, Washington September 16th
      2PM Federal Building, 7th and Stewart (downtown)

      Tucson, Arizona September 13th
      11:30AM DEA Office, 3285 East Hemisphere Loop

      London, England September 10th
      2PM Canadian and American Embassies, Grosvenor Square Park
      September 9th: Pre-protest lunchtime picket!

      Paris, France September 10th
      Ambassade du Canada
      35, avenue Montaigne
      Metro: Franklin D. Roosevelt or Alma Marceau

      Rome, Italy TBD
      Canadian Embassy
      Via Zara 30

      Vienna, Austria TBD
      Canadian Embassy
      Laurenzerberg 2

      Moscow, Russia TBD
      Canadian Embassy
      23 Starokonyushenny Pereulok

      Kingston, Jamaica September 15th
      1-4PM Canadian High Commission

      3 West Kings House Road
      Waterloo Road Entrance

      Warsaw, Poland September 10th
      4PM Canadian Embassy
      ul. Matejki 1/5

      Mexico City, Mexico TBD
      Canadian Embassy
      Calle Schiller No. 529 (Rincón del Bosque)
      Colonia Bosque de Chapultepec

      Oslo, Norway September 10th
      3PM Canadian Embassy
      Wergelandsveien 7 (v/Slottsparken)

      Auckland,
      New Zealand September 10th
      Canadian Consulate
      48 Emily Place

      Wellington, New Zealand September 10th
      Canadian High Commission
      61 Molesworth Street
      Thorndon

      Brussels, Belgium September 13th

      Inside European Parliament
      Prague, Czechoslovakia TBD
      Canadian Embassy
      Muchova 6, 160 00 Prague 6

      Adelaide, Australia TBD
      TBD

      *The views expressed here are my own and don't represent any official
      position of the Free State Project.

      --Sandy Pierre
      spierre@...