Re: Calling Alabama!

  • Hardy Machia
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 20, 2005
      At 10:21 AM +0000 8/18/2005, freestateproject@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >So, although, technically, it is possible to enroll as "Libertarian" in
      >New York, I think that the answer, for this purpose, would have to be
      >"no".

      What is Tim's purpose? Is it to contact the state to get a list of
      registered Libertarians to bulk mail to? Is so, then NY's fill style
      registration might qualify. Since, NY has only just allowed
      Libertarians to register in NY last year, this list won't be very
      large.

      Voters have to be knowledgeable about NY's law to register in NY. If
      the purpose is to do a voter registration drive then a petitioner
      helping NYer's register as Libertarian would count. I don't think
      having x number of registered Libertarians in NY does anything in NY
      State. The NY LP's gubernatorial candidate must get 50k votes before
      the LP's name will appear on the registration form.

      Hardy

      Hardy Machia * Catamount Software * Liberty in our lifetime
      802-372-9512 * www.catamount.com * www.freestateproject.org