Union Leader Thinks We're a Fringe Group??

  • apugh75
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2005
      Ran across this today. Seems they are referring to us as a fringe
      group. Didn't name the FSP though. In reference to the whole
      eminent domain thing.
      -------

      CONCORD — Members of a Senate task force on eminent domain hope to
      decide in six weeks whether the state should pass a new law or
      recommend a constitutional amendment to protect the rights of private
      property owners.

      The task force was appointed after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in a
      Connecticut case that the city of New London could use its eminent
      domain powers to take private homes and transfer ownership to other
      private citizens in the name of economic development.

      The federal decision said the question is one that state governments
      can settle for themselves. It has also prompted efforts by two fringe
      groups to seize the Weare home of Supreme Court Justice David Souter,
      who voted with the majority, for a hotel project or a public park.

      At the Senate task force's first hearing yesterday, various members
      said a new law, an amendment, or both are appropriate.

      Senators dispensed with making speeches on the impact of the Supreme
      Court opinion, and focused instead on the approach they feel the
      state should take to protect private property owners.

      http://unionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=58621
    • Jane
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2005
        The law will be tested soon! :-)