Re: [monadnock_porcupines] Porc Fest follow-up (and found items)

  • Seth Cohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 6:03 AM
      On 8/2/05, Kat Dillon <bookish_lass@...> wrote:
      > Yes indeed, much kudos to Varrin and everyone who
      > helped put this porcfest together! Great work guys!

      3rded... Varrin and crew did an amazing job.

      > I agree with Joel's suggestions also. We don't plan
      > to go for a whole week next year.

      One idea floating around is more 'spotlight days' in different places.
      So that one day might be 'Keene/Monadnock', another day
      'Concord/StateHouse', 'Manchester','Nashua/Merrimack', 'Portsmouth',
      etc. Focus on places people might move.
      At that rate, we'd still want a week (to fit it all in), but much of
      that time would be devoted to visiting different places, and locals
      could devote/donate just one day to their locale event, visit other
      places if they wished to be part of the fun, and still go home and not
      have to camp out right away if they want to, work other days, etc.

      A central location is important, and we hope to have something much
      more southern. A crack team of location experts are working on it
      now.

      > Leaving for the liberty dinner sucked big time both
      > years.

      Agreed. The NHLA dinner benefits from having the large number of
      guests and that raises money and make a good event size, but it cuts
      into PorcFest badly...

      If it was within 10-15 minutes of PorcFest, that would work, but
      otherwise, it's hours of travel time and kills the whole evening.
      Even then, making it the last night of PorcFest is a mistake.