Re: Draft Ron Paul?

  • trukslp
    Message 1 of 9 , May 25, 2005
      Why would a Republican like Mr. Paul challenge a Senator like
      Hutchinson? or any GOP standard bearer...
      I love the idea though.

      Are there FSP friends around Texas?

      And how do porcupines like Mr. Kinky Friedman for TX Governor?
      Cheers, TR
      NYC

      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "givemeliberty01"
      <aj1758@y...> wrote:
      > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens
      > <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean
      Scallon. I
      > > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me
      he
      > > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
      > him that
      > > NH's libertarian army supports him?
      >
      > If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
      > drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if
      need
      > be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.
      >
      > Congressman Paul is a sorely needed voice for the US Senate and
      has a
      > solid opportunity to win, since he has an overwhelming popularity
      in
      > his own district, he appeals to Republicans on conservative issues
      and
      > Democrats on civil liberties issues and could open up a flood of
      > monetary support from liberty activists throughout the country.
      >
      > The remaining Republican primary contenders for the Texas Senate
      Seat
      > would be Atty. Gen. Abbott, Rep. Bonilla of the 23rd District and
      Lt.
      > Gov. Dewhurst. If the primary is won with enough money and support,
      > Rep. Paul will easily win the US Senate office.
      >
      > <b>Politics1.com states the following:</b>
      >
      > According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, President Bush may have
      > found a way to bring peace to his homestate's GOP leadership. In
      order
      > to avoid US Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's (R) likely primary
      > challenge to Governor Rick Perry (R), the newspaper reports Bush
      may
      > nominate Hutchison for the prestigious post of US Ambassador to the
      > Court of St. James (i.e., Great Britain). If that happens, Perry
      will
      > easily win renomination and Texas Republicans will have an open US
      > Senate seat next year.
    • Sandy Pierre
      Message 2 of 9 , May 28, 2005
        I think it's an exciting idea. Linking ourselves to Ron Paul would
        provide opportunities for publicity on a national level, and at the
        very least, it doesn't sound like he's going to publicly disavow us. :-)

        <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:

        > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean Scallon. I
        > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me he
        > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
        him that
        > NH's libertarian army supports him?
        >
        > ***excerpt from email***
      • Bill Hartwell
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
          trukslp wrote:

          > Are there FSP friends around Texas?

          Plenty of them. Not sure how many bother to read the mailing list,
          though. You're more likely to find them on the forums.

          > And how do porcupines like Mr. Kinky Friedman for TX Governor?

          >From what I've heard from Texans, Kinky Friedman is to Texas as "Kramer"
          was to New York.

          --
          "'For your own good' is a persuasive argument that will eventually make
          a man agree to his own destruction." - Janet Frame

        • Secession.net/ Carol Moore contact
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2005
            People DO know he was the Libertarian Party presidential candidate in
            1988???

            <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:

            > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean Scallon. I
            > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me he
            > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
            him that
            > NH's libertarian army supports him?

            If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
            drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if need
            be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.

          • Mike Lorrey
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 13, 2005
              The draft is to draft him for the GOP nomination.

              --- "Secession.net/ Carol Moore contact" <contact@...> wrote:

              > People DO know he was the Libertarian Party presidential candidate in
              >
              > 1988???
              >
              > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens
              > <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean
              > Scallon. I
              > > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me he
              > > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
              > him that
              > > NH's libertarian army supports him?
              >
              > If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
              > drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if need
              > be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.

              > DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children
              > resources
              > often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC
              > today!
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/XgSolB/TM

              Mike Lorrey
              -William Pitt (1759-1806)