Re: Draft Ron Paul?

  • givemeliberty01
    Message 1 of 9 , May 23 4:29 PM
      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens
      <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:

      > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean Scallon. I
      > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me he
      > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
      him that
      > NH's libertarian army supports him?

      If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
      drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if need
      be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.

      Congressman Paul is a sorely needed voice for the US Senate and has a
      solid opportunity to win, since he has an overwhelming popularity in
      his own district, he appeals to Republicans on conservative issues and
      Democrats on civil liberties issues and could open up a flood of
      monetary support from liberty activists throughout the country.

      The remaining Republican primary contenders for the Texas Senate Seat
      would be Atty. Gen. Abbott, Rep. Bonilla of the 23rd District and Lt.
      Gov. Dewhurst. If the primary is won with enough money and support,
      Rep. Paul will easily win the US Senate office.

      <b>Politics1.com states the following:</b>

      According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, President Bush may have
      found a way to bring peace to his homestate's GOP leadership. In order
      to avoid US Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's (R) likely primary
      challenge to Governor Rick Perry (R), the newspaper reports Bush may
      nominate Hutchison for the prestigious post of US Ambassador to the
      Court of St. James (i.e., Great Britain). If that happens, Perry will
      easily win renomination and Texas Republicans will have an open US
      Senate seat next year.
    • trukslp
      Message 2 of 9 , May 25 9:01 AM
        Why would a Republican like Mr. Paul challenge a Senator like
        Hutchinson? or any GOP standard bearer...
        I love the idea though.

        Are there FSP friends around Texas?

        And how do porcupines like Mr. Kinky Friedman for TX Governor?
        Cheers, TR
        NYC

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "givemeliberty01"
        <aj1758@y...> wrote:
        > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens
        > <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean
        Scallon. I
        > > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me
        he
        > > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
        > him that
        > > NH's libertarian army supports him?
        >
        > If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
        > drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if
        need
        > be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.
        >
        > Congressman Paul is a sorely needed voice for the US Senate and
        has a
        > solid opportunity to win, since he has an overwhelming popularity
        in
        > his own district, he appeals to Republicans on conservative issues
        and
        > Democrats on civil liberties issues and could open up a flood of
        > monetary support from liberty activists throughout the country.
        >
        > The remaining Republican primary contenders for the Texas Senate
        Seat
        > would be Atty. Gen. Abbott, Rep. Bonilla of the 23rd District and
        Lt.
        > Gov. Dewhurst. If the primary is won with enough money and support,
        > Rep. Paul will easily win the US Senate office.
        >
        > <b>Politics1.com states the following:</b>
        >
        > According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, President Bush may have
        > found a way to bring peace to his homestate's GOP leadership. In
        order
        > to avoid US Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's (R) likely primary
        > challenge to Governor Rick Perry (R), the newspaper reports Bush
        may
        > nominate Hutchison for the prestigious post of US Ambassador to the
        > Court of St. James (i.e., Great Britain). If that happens, Perry
        will
        > easily win renomination and Texas Republicans will have an open US
        > Senate seat next year.
      • Sandy Pierre
        Message 3 of 9 , May 28 8:16 AM
          I think it's an exciting idea. Linking ourselves to Ron Paul would
          provide opportunities for publicity on a national level, and at the
          very least, it doesn't sound like he's going to publicly disavow us. :-)

          <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:

          > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean Scallon. I
          > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me he
          > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
          him that
          > NH's libertarian army supports him?
          >
          > ***excerpt from email***
        • Bill Hartwell
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
            trukslp wrote:

            > Are there FSP friends around Texas?

            Plenty of them. Not sure how many bother to read the mailing list,
            though. You're more likely to find them on the forums.

            > And how do porcupines like Mr. Kinky Friedman for TX Governor?

            >From what I've heard from Texans, Kinky Friedman is to Texas as "Kramer"
            was to New York.

            --
            "'For your own good' is a persuasive argument that will eventually make
            a man agree to his own destruction." - Janet Frame

          • Secession.net/ Carol Moore contact
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 13, 2005
              People DO know he was the Libertarian Party presidential candidate in
              1988???

              <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:

              > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean Scallon. I
              > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me he
              > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
              him that
              > NH's libertarian army supports him?

              If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
              drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if need
              be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.

            • Mike Lorrey
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 13, 2005
                The draft is to draft him for the GOP nomination.

                --- "Secession.net/ Carol Moore contact" <contact@...> wrote:

                > People DO know he was the Libertarian Party presidential candidate in
                >
                > 1988???
                >
                > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens
                > <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean
                > Scallon. I
                > > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me he
                > > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
                > him that
                > > NH's libertarian army supports him?
                >
                > If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
                > drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if need
                > be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.

                > DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children
                > resources
                > often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC
                > today!
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/XgSolB/TM

                Mike Lorrey
                -William Pitt (1759-1806)