Poem: A Quest for Liberty by Phyllis Schatz [1928-2005]

  • birvin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      Free State Project - Quest for Liberty
      Quest for Liberty

      by Phyllis Schatz - 2002

      For five decades and more
      I watched in isolated dismay
      As one by one the freedoms
      Of my childhood slipped silently away

      Where has Liberty gone? I cried
      Can it be the Bill of Rights has died?

      Through the Magic of Internet
      Like-minded souls I gladly met
      LP will save you, they spoke
      Come join us, 'tis no joke

      But only Rep and Dem are truly of note
      To think otherwise is to waste a vote

      All want to be free, yet fear the cost
      Of state entitlements to be lost
      Show us this is no dream, they entreat
      Then your standards we will gladly meet

      Enter the answer to hopes and dreams
      Free State Project, the greatest of schemes

      Gather in one state to make presence known
      Where freedom and tolerance will be shown
      A shining example for all to see
      'Til all the nation demands to be free

      We seek not force, but to assist
      Bringing back the freedom that's been missed

      Free State Project, you are so great
      You will make a near-perfect state
      20,000 to show the way
      That Liberty may come in our day

      © Copyright 2001-2004 Free State Project, Inc.
      info@... · 1-888-532-4604

    • Brian Sullivan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2005
        Greetings,

        Is it possible to post this poem on the FSP website? We periodically post
        articles, essays, poems and song lyrics that might be of interest to
        Porcupines. If I can get the appropriate permission, I can make it happen.
        Thanks you.

        Brian Sullivan
        Director of Participant Services
        607 277-5085

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2005
          --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Sullivan"
          <bsulliv1@t...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > Is it possible to post this poem on the FSP website?

          That's where it was originally posted. :)

          http://www.freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/quest.php