Re: [FSP] Free from MA!

  • Brian Sullivan
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 2, 2005
      OK Dave, I've got the whole thing in mind, but I'm not going to do anything about it until I'm there. In the meantime, maybe someone else will start one up!
      Thanks,
      Brian

      Brian,

      Please contact me re this once you are in NH. This is exactly the
      type of thing NHLA civic action is about. Perhaps we can lend some
      assistance, then once it is up and running spin it off as it's own
      organization.

      Dave

      On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:18:36 -0500, Brian Sullivan <bsulliv1@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to start a mutual aid society in NH when I get there. A very appealing model for the free state!
      > http://www.radio4all.org/aia/pro_mutualaid.html
      > Brian
      >
      > I'm sure everyone has different experiences. I grew up in a single-
      > parent family of five with income well below the poverty line for
      > several years. We didn't accept public assistance on principle, and
      > there was assistance from our extended family and private
      > charities. So it can happen, even today, when high taxes have
      > crowded out most mutual-aid and charitable endeavors. (By the way,
      > I think private mutual aid would be far more important in the
      > absence of the welfare state than private charity, where charity is
      > purely altruistic giving, and mutual aid is essentially a type of
      > income insurance.)

    • David Mincin
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 2, 2005
        Brian...Love to hear more about your ideas. Thinking we can
        bounce some thoughts around when you are up here this summer.
        I'll bounce the idea around up here a bit and see what happens.
        Mostly we are still real short re people power to make all the things
        we can do happen.
        Dave

        On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:23:45 -0500, Brian Sullivan <bsulliv1@...> wrote:

        > OK Dave, I've got the whole thing in mind, but I'm not going to do anything about it until I'm there. In the meantime, maybe someone else will start one up!
        > Thanks,
        > Brian
        >
        > Brian,
        >
        > Please contact me re this once you are in NH. This is exactly the
        > type of thing NHLA civic action is about. Perhaps we can lend some
        > assistance, then once it is up and running spin it off as it's own
        > organization.
        >
        > Dave
        >
        > On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:18:36 -0500, Brian Sullivan <bsulliv1@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > I'd like to start a mutual aid society in NH when I get there. A very appealing model for the free state!
        > > http://www.radio4all.org/aia/pro_mutualaid.html
        > > Brian
        > >
        > > I'm sure everyone has different experiences. I grew up in a single-
        > > parent family of five with income well below the poverty line for
        > > several years. We didn't accept public assistance on principle, and
        > > there was assistance from our extended family and private
        > > charities. So it can happen, even today, when high taxes have
        > > crowded out most mutual-aid and charitable endeavors. (By the way,
        > > I think private mutual aid would be far more important in the
        > > absence of the welfare state than private charity, where charity is
        > > purely altruistic giving, and mutual aid is essentially a type of
        > > income insurance.)

        > > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Fernando Chiocca
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2005
          > If these theoretical companies save money through these theoretical tax breaks brought
          > on by this theoretical 'free state', it will go NEITHER to the workers NOR to the consumers..
          > It will go into the pockets of the people at the top of the company heirarchy and into the
          > the people (who already have money) that invested in the company... Get your heads out
          > of your thinkholes gentleman... GOVT is only one arm of the 'machine'...

          Hey, who ,in the face of earth , earn money and keep in the pocket???
          Those people will spend their money in a lot of things.If you want some of this money, pay atention where it's gonna be.

        • Jon Isaac
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2005
            On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:39:54 -0200, Fernando Chiocca <chiocca@...> wrote:

            > Hey, who ,in the face of earth , earn money and keep in the pocket???
            > Those people will spend their money in a lot of things.If you want some of
            > this money, pay atention where it's gonna be.

            Excellently stated, Fernando!
          • S Iyer
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2005
              Jon Isaac writes on 2/4/2005 8:19 AM:
              > On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:39:54 -0200, Fernando Chiocca <chiocca@...> wrote:
              > > Hey, who ,in the face of earth , earn money and keep in the pocket???
              > > Those people will spend their money in a lot of things.If you want some of
              > > this money, pay atention where it's gonna be.
              >
              > Excellently stated, Fernando!

              There are two aspects to expenditure -- consumptive and productive.
              Most expenditure has a component of both.

              Trickle down economics works best when a large fraction of savings is
              expended in productive rather than purely consumptive purposes.

              --S Iyer.
            • Brian Sullivan
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 10, 2005
                "...limited liability laws and "artificial" personhood
                status." bg

                get rid of them both, and bankrupcy too.
                bs

                --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, S Iyer <subbuk77@y...> wrote:
                > That is exactly why you need a free market with
                > no impediment to competition.

                Corportions use the government to raise the entrance barriers - how
                about a little focus on the privileges that corporations have from
                the state like limited liability laws and "artificial" personhood
                status.

                bg

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor