Minimum wage, topic WAS Re: Fwd: Re: [FSP] Free from MA!

  • S Iyer
    Message 1 of 93 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi

      Tim Condon writes on 2/1/2005 7:15 AM:
      > One other point, in defense of Karl; he's a heroic NH freedom
      > activist, and agrees with what we're saying. He was just dealing with "what
      > exists" in responding to a previous post. ---Tim Condon

      It is not my intention to cast aspersions on the dedication of Tim or
      anyone else, nor to deny anyone the right to earn a decent livelihood.
      My sincere apologies if that is what the email sounds like.

      As I state in the prior email:

      >>Far from being an individual tendency, this
      >>[manner of thinking "Of course, government can do X, but ..."]
      >>is a very
      >>collective trait that we all have cultivated to varying degrees.
      >>Perhaps due to our education or owing to societal pressure.

      I am commenting on our "natural" tendency to think in an
      anti-libertarian fashion.

      We all like to think of ourselves as pragmatic realists, willing to
      compromise on some of our ideals. However, our thoughts and ideals
      shape our intentions, which finally determine results. As such,
      dramatic change in the political fabric of society must start with
      freeing individual minds.

      Again, it is far from my intent to throw stones -- many of you are doing
      a great job on the ground, while I am a mere lurker on this list. But I
      could not help pointing out that changing the world must begin with
      changing our worldview first. Tiny and subtle thoughts may seem
      insignificant but can snowball into a much larger effect.

      Best,
      --S Iyer
    • Robert Capozzi
      Message 93 of 93 , Feb 18, 2005
        MIKE: Depends on what sort of corporation you are talking about. Which government is registering the incorporation? Lets say you form a Delaware corporation but it does business in NH. Why should you pay NH corporate taxes when NH had nothing to do with your incorporation?

        Bob: Probably shouldn't, and I don't believe they do now. They do pay federal corporate taxes, and I'm OK with that, in concept. Off the top of my head, I'd much prefer something far simpler, like a very low rate on revenues as a trade off for limited liability, but we've got enough fish to fry in NH. Put it far down the to do list.