Re: Fwd: Re: [FSP] Free from MA!

  • Karl Beisel
    Message 1 of 93 , Jan 31, 2005
      Tim, my response was framed in the context of Cindy's concern that
      apartments were too expensive (and I agree -- they are too expensive!).
      I was explaining why this was, and how certain policy decisions
      (artificially raising wages) would not solve the problem, but make it
      worse. That is all.

      Karl

      Tim Condon wrote:

      >>Of course, New Hampshire could raise its minimum wage.
      >

      > Stop right there, Karl. All of the points that follow the above
      > statement are correct. But before we get to any of that, we need to ask one
      > question: By what right does *any* government, *anywhere*, at *any* level
      > presume to interfere with private economic interactions among free individuals?
    • Robert Capozzi
      Message 93 of 93 , Feb 18, 2005
        MIKE: Depends on what sort of corporation you are talking about. Which government is registering the incorporation? Lets say you form a Delaware corporation but it does business in NH. Why should you pay NH corporate taxes when NH had nothing to do with your incorporation?

        Bob: Probably shouldn't, and I don't believe they do now. They do pay federal corporate taxes, and I'm OK with that, in concept. Off the top of my head, I'd much prefer something far simpler, like a very low rate on revenues as a trade off for limited liability, but we've got enough fish to fry in NH. Put it far down the to do list.