Re: [FSP] Fwd: Question for those with kids in school

  • Jon Isaac
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
      I (a Jew) believe that even Nazis should have the right to free
      expression in a Free State. I do have a problem however, when any
      group forces their expression on others.

      But a law that protects conscientious objectors (e.g., kids who wish
      to refrain from saying the pledge) is a BAD idea. Why should we need
      laws to protect us from what should be by default a constitutional
      right. I'm against hate crime laws, sexual orientation laws,
      affirmative action laws. Each of these good-sounding laws has the
      underlying premise that forceful actions to people outside of the
      special interest group is not as fully protected by the law. That's
      plain stupid.