Re: [FSP] Digest Number 1003

  • Marie Angell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      The FSP has a real chance of gaining political muscle by building lasting,
      professional political machinery. The LP is plagued by what I call "Ground Hog
      Day" syndrome (from the movie). Every election cycle, the LP essentially
      starts over from scratch. Voters want to elect people with "experience"
      (whether they should or not) and they want to vote for people they like.
      Consistently being active in politics, keeping the media informed, grooming
      candidates and getting them in office is very viable in NH.

      While the point is liberty in our lifetimes, not LP politics per se, in order
      for the political process to swing toward liberty, Libertarians need to be a
      part of the mix.

      I applaud all of you who worked hard and effectively. You are doing a great
      job.