Re: Badnarik

  • Rich Tomasso
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2004
      > From: "Jason P Sorens" <jason.sorens@...>
      > Subject: Re: Badnarick
      >
      > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando Chiocca"
      > > But I just saw that the only state without the LP presidential
      > > candidate`s name, Badnarick in the ballot is New Hampshire!
      > >
      > > Why is that?That's not the case of change the state of the project?
      >
      > No, there's no change in the state of the project. The LP has told
      > us that they submitted enough signatures to put him on the ballot,
      > but that most of them were disqualified. They're pursuing legal
      > options, but it's unlikely the challenge will get Badnarik on the
      > ballot in time.

      In a nutshell, that's what happened. The legal challenge won't have any
      affect on the current ballot, but if we win the case, it will open up
      ballot status in NH.

      > It's certainly disappointing, but it's worth pointing out that only 300
      > FSP'ers are in NH right now. We're in a vulnerable position in NH,
      > because both friends and adversaries expect us to have a huge effect
      > there just because we've chosen it as the state.

      No one is more disappointed about this than we are.

      The FSP has no blame in this, they owed the LP nothing as far as signing
      petitions or working for Badnarik. The FSP members who helped us did a
      great job, we wouldn't have gotten as close as we did without their help.

      The FSP is having an impact, at nearly every meeting I attend, people want
      to know what's going on and get this excited+relieved look on their face
      when you tell them you're a porcupine and you're there to help.

      =====
      Promote Freedom in New Hampshire! Visit the NH Liberty Alliance
      http://www.nhliberty.org

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo