FW: Liberty Film Festival Outreach results

  • Will Albenzi (E-mail)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004
      I asked how the Liberty Film Festival outreach went. Here are two responses
      I recieved:

      --------------------------------
      Liberty said:

      Dan from NoCalFSP out-did himself this past weekend, and I think he became
      big hit with the conservative groups in Hollywood. He worked a full 3
      days
      and along with my 1 day, a lot of FSP brochures were put into the hands of
      free-state prospects.

      I had an opportunity to say a few words about FSP to Michael Medved.
      Michael
      Medved is a film critic, best-selling author and nationally syndicated
      radio
      talk show host. His daily three-hour program, emphasizing the intersection
      of politics and pop culture, reaches more than 1.8 million listeners in
      124
      markets, coast to coast. http://www.michaelmedved.com/ I don't think
      there
      was much of an impact because he was very preoccupied with the events and
      his speaking engagement. Hopefully he will read the brochure some day and
      plug the cause for us on his show. Perhaps he would even advertise a
      special event for us if the occasion ever arises.

      Liberty

      ------------------------
      Dan McGuire responded:

      Thanks very much for the kind words, Liberty. One correction: I'm from
      Vancouver, WA, in the Pacific Northwest group.

      At the film festival about 200 FSP tri-folds were picked up along with a
      similar number of World's Smallest Political Quizes that were stamped with
      our website address. In the future I'll also stamp an email address for
      questions. I do think we made a good impression and will be welcomed back
      to future events.

      We should pick up at least a few members from this. There were a number
      of people I spoke to in detail, almost none of which had ever heard of the
      FSP. It surprised me how many were cops or teachers. Apparently there is a
      fraction that feel out of place in the prevailing culture at work. This
      pushes them to seek out external political contact in a way that someone in
      business might not.

      One of the best films we saw is available for free online. It is about
      speech codes and other forms of political harrassment at colleges and is
      called Brainwashing 101. I also recommend In the Face of Evil, a film
      comparing Reagan's efforts to win the cold war to the current war against
      Islamic terrorism.

      Dan