Snowbird strategy for NH Porcupines

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2004
      Many FSP members who move to New Hampshire will want to spend at
      least part of the winters in warmer climes. (This is fine, as long as we're
      otherwise residents of NH the rest of the year, and are in-state for town
      meetings, elections, and other activism. Others of us will choose to enjoy
      the winters in their entirety---with skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and
      other winter sports---and that's good also.) This is the "snowbird"
      phenomenon, and is very common down here in Florida where I live. If others
      can comfortably do it, why not Porcupines? En masse.

      I have proposed in a forum at
      http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=42;action=display;threadid=8340
      that a working group come together to examine possibilities regarding
      "snowbird options" for NH Porcupines. One possibility is to put together a
      group to purchase land in Florida or elsewhere in the South, and develop it
      as an RV center/trailer park/campground for FSP members to head for during
      the coldest part of winters. Another option is to specify an existing
      campground or RV center in the south, and publicize it as "Porcupine
      Friendly" for winter gatherings. Still another is to choose an existing
      mobile home/RV/trailer park down South where people can purchase their lots
      for use in the winter.

      All possibilities are open. Anyone interested? There's no time to
      plan like the present. Let's talk!

      Tim Condon, Participant Services Director, Free State Project
      Tampa, Florida - 813-251-2626 - email: tim@...
      A chance to live what you believe: www.freestateproject.org