Re: [FSP] Obstacles to Becoming a Participant?

  • Mike Lorrey
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- Beth Jezik <bjezik@...> wrote:

      > Please tell me what the fsp intends to do with this reality. Or is
      > this the
      > idea of freedom in the new amerika?
      > REPORT CARD
      >
      > Marx's 10 planks of the communist manifesto are alive and well in the
      > USA as follows:
      >
      > 1) Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land
      > to public purposes. *real estate* DONE

      No, not done. Property taxes based on georgist principles are only
      applicable if there is no public land. Today the government owns 40% of
      all land in the US, creating an artificial scarcity.

      Nor is property tax what Marx meant. Instead he meant that all leased
      or rented property could only be leased or rented to people by the
      state, i.e. Housing Projects. Government housing projects are in
      retreat in many areas of the country. In NH, they are generally termed
      "Section 8 Housing" and many communities are not approving any more
      development of such housing, and are closing many exising ones down.

      > 2) A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. *IRS* DONE

      This was done long ago in the 50's. Reagan and Bush Sr de-progressified
      this system from 50 tax brackets down to three or four. Serious
      candidates like Steve Forbes have gained great credence in public
      proposing 17% flat taxes. There is now serious talk about eliminating
      the IRS completely in favor of a national sales tax. Part of this is to
      make those who have successfully avoided or evaded taxes in increasing
      numbers in the last decade start paying their allged "fair share" via
      their consumption rather than but their income.

      Furthermore, the last decade has seen a great increase in the number of
      people who quantitatively pay little or no taxes. Virtually 50% of the
      wage earners in the US pay no income tax after factoring in Earned
      Income Tax Credit. While the EITC is also used for redistributionist
      purposes without welfare bureaucracy, it is an improvement on welfare
      but still wrong in its redistribution agenda.

      > 3) Abolition of all rights of inheritance. *inheritance tax* DONE

      Inheritance tax is not an abolition of ALL rights of inheritance, just
      part.

      Furthermore, abolition of death taxes have gained great support around
      the country in recent years, while the threshold for liability for such
      taxes has been raised significantly.

      > 4) Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels. *non US
      > citizen, "practicing without" license, registration or permit,
      > terrorism*
      > DONE

      Civil forfeiture is certainly alive and well, and oppression of those
      who refuse to ask the state for permission to travel and earn a living
      certainly does occur, but such regulation is not unique to communism,
      it dates back to the feudal era as well.

      > 5) Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a
      > national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly. *the
      > federal reserve* DONE

      Are all credit unions owned by the federal reserve bank? No, they
      aren't.

      > 6) Centralization of the means of communication and transport in he
      > hands of the state. *commerce clause of the "constitution, state
      > police, etc."* DONE
      > (FCC)(DOT)

      The FCC owns AT&T, MCI, Sprint, LCI, Verizon, Ameritech, SWBell, Sun
      Bell, and every other phone company? No, they don't. Nor does the DOT
      own every, or even any, airline, trucking, taxi, or car manufacturing company.

      =====
      Mike Lorrey
      Chairman, Free Town Land Development
      -William Pitt (1759-1806)

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Randy
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 4, 2004
        I a regulated society, ownership and control are not one and the same.

        Randy