[FSP] Re: how many living in N.H.

  • Jason P Sorens
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 9, 2004
      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Jezik" <bjezik@h...>
      wrote:
      > Maybe patriots are CONCERNED that this project MAY BE ill
      conceived... Tell
      > me, what is the difference between a sovereign and a 14th
      amendment citizen?
      > Is the FSP changing that status?

      That "sovereign citizen" stuff is a hoax - with roots in violent,
      racist movements.
      http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/SCM.asp?xpicked=4&item=20
      http://nwcitizen.com/publicgood/reports/belief/
      http://www.apologeticsindex.org/c106.html
      http://www.watchman.org/profile/Identitypro.htm
      http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/cm-taxpr.htm
      http://www.militia-watchdog.org/common.htm

      However, it's also off-topic on this list, so I'll shut up about it
      now.
    • Jon Isaac
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 14, 2004
        [Moderator note: there is legitimate disagreement on this issue among libertarians. This is a fine topic for discussion, and needs to be resolved in some way, somewhere, but it will not be resolved on this discussion list. Thanks, PXB]

        Kimberly,

        Not intending to start a firestorm of debate: however the pro-life
        position can be considered consistent with libertarianism (and, I'd
        think, the FSP) -- if the fetus is considered a human being.

        Any indentified group, the rights of the Negro, the Jew, and the
        Fetus, are all a question of classification. Classify them
        almost-human, and you can give them half-human rights. Decide that
        they are human, and any action of force against their person is a
        strike against personal liberty.

        Personally, I am for a law of viability. If you're going to be abort a
        fetus. At least allow it the right to struggle for its life
        extra-uterus. I think that this issue will be solved technologically
        (contraceptively) and go away as a hot topic eventually.

        Jon