Introduction of Hank Pyro

  • hankpyro
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 8:46 AM
      Hi Folks.

      First the vitals. WMM 46 YO. Has resided in NH and MA for 16 years.
      World's worst entrepreneur. Have been lib-sympathetic since high
      school. Was a small l lib for years until I converted to radical
      individualist. Not near as radical nor as individualistic as when I
      adopted that viewpoint. I think it's getting older and seeing the
      merits of community.

      One of these days I am going to develop my own personality test to
      supplant the Myers-Briggs. (Or is it Meyers-Briggs?) It will be
      called the dog/cat survey. On that test I would score at the far end
      of the feline scale. Having said that, however I feel the need and
      the see the advantaqes to becoming more doglike.

      I am just starting to read FSP newsgroups and already the flames are
      ablazing. Here is my position on that. I took a vow of cool a long
      time ago and thus I do not flame. In all flame wars, you win and I
      lose. You are smart and I am dumb. I am a fascist and you are...well
      I guess you are also a fascist. Everyone has heard the Special
      Olympics analology so I won't repeat it here.

      I am not a member of much of anything including FSP (newsgroup
      membership notwithstanding)but I have tossed them a few dollars in
      the past. I tried to connect with small l libs in the 80's and 90's.
      Hard to do pre-Internet proliferation. I raised the idea of a free
      town/county years ago and it went over like a lead balloon. Then in
      the early 90's I was getting mail from someone in Fort Collins, CO
      who wanted to use that city as a possible site. Fort Colllins is
      huge, 70,000 plus at the time and growing, and that presented a
      problem. I learned about FSP in 2003 and soon thereafter saw and
      heard clips on the TV and the radio. Next thing I knew NH had been
      selected as the test site.

      Stating the obvious, it would be great if there were more of us. But
      let's be optimistic. There might be more of us someday. In keeping
      with that optimism, I would like to advocate for the continuing NH
      experiment as well as a western mountain movement. I will explain
      what I see as pros and cons in other submissions.

      I will conclude this submission now and if anyone is passing through
      Newmarket and would like some free coffee or free food (suject to
      availability and which diet I am on that week) drop me a line.

      Hank