Re: [freetownproject] Why we revolted - and why we remember

  • Bill Alleman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2004
      theposhcockney wrote on 7/4/2004, 5:49 AM:

      > http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showfast.html?article=40245
      >
      > Why we revolted — and why we remember
      > By SHAWNE K. WICKHAM
      > Sunday News Staff

      Front page, left, above the fold of today's Sunday News. Sweet. John
      Babiarz told me about the article last night. The reporter contacted
      him, and wanted to get an Adams quote right ("If ye love wealth greater
      than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating
      contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your
      counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
      May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye
      were our countrymen."). Too bad she didn't use it, but a damned fine
      piece, nevertheless...

      Nice rational lead-in to the FSP, too. The only thing he got wrong was,
      "Today, signing something like this (Declaration of Independence) you
      would probably be convicted under the Patriot Act for sedition."
      "Probably?!?"
      --

      BikerBill=- ©¿©¬
      allemanse.com=-