Re: [FSP] Porcupine Festival report

  • DJ Entropy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2004
      On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:59:11 -0400 (EDT), Jason Sorens
      <jason.sorens@...> wrote:

      > Here's Mary's and my little report on the weekend (with some pics):
      >
      > http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/porcfest.html

      "Although the gentle reader will infer that we are naturally introverts
      who like to tramp about in nature whenever we can, it was the social
      aspect of the FSP that really stayed with us after this weekend"

      Amen to that. Agreed 100%. Nicely said!

      :)

      ps. kool-aid. =P

      --
      -------
      DJ Entropy

      "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." - George
      Bernard Shaw
      “The reason we can't find a relationship between the Constitution and the
      [present] government is that there is none.” - Michael Badnarik.
      "Lighting the fires of Liberty, one heart at a time!"
      Badnarik for President 2004
      http://www.badnarik.org
      http://www.freestateproject.com
    • julieq3514
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
        Richard and I had a great time at the Festival and thank all who set
        everything up. We are looking forward to "next year's!" Is there a
        Committee to help with the planning as we are volunteering.

        We were quite in awe of the beauty of New Hampshire on the drive up
        from Nashua and also took a pass on Mt. Washington due to weather
        conditions and visibility of only 60 feet. With no guard rails we
        *would* like see where the edge of the road is located. Being from
        Wisconsin, we're always prepared for snow so had the proper attire.
        Instead, we checked out Bretton Wood where the Gold Standard was set
        in July 1944.

        But we agree with you, Jason, that meeting like-minded individuals was
        the highlight of the trip and the reason we want to come back next
        year and eventually move to be with you all.

        Julie

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
          At 11:46 PM 7/1/2004 +0000, julieq3514 wrote:
          >Richard and I had a great time at the Festival and thank all who set
          >everything up. We are looking forward to "next year's!" Is there a
          >Committee to help with the planning as we are volunteering.

          Julie, you and Richard will be able to work with the "Porc Fest
          Czar" when he or she is picked. We're talking about it now. Stay tuned....

          Tim Condon, Participant Services Director, Free State Project
          Tampa, Florida - 813-251-2626 - email: tim@...
          A chance to live what you believe: www.freestateproject.org
        • DJ Entropy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2004
            ooo, neat!

            On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 22:16:57 -0400, Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:

            > At 11:46 PM 7/1/2004 +0000, julieq3514 wrote:
            >> Richard and I had a great time at the Festival and thank all who set
            >> everything up. We are looking forward to "next year's!" Is there a
            >> Committee to help with the planning as we are volunteering.
            >
            > Julie, you and Richard will be able to work with the "Porc Fest
            > Czar" when he or she is picked. We're talking about it now. Stay
            > tuned....
            >
            > Tim Condon, Participant Services Director, Free State Project
            > Tampa, Florida - 813-251-2626 - email: tim@...
            > A chance to live what you believe: www.freestateproject.org

            -DJ Entropy
            http://www.djentropy.com