Porcupine Festival report

  • Jason Sorens
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2004
      Here's Mary's and my little report on the weekend (with some pics):

      http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/porcfest.html

      Jason Sorens, PhD
      Dept. of Political Science, Yale Univ.
      PO Box 208301
      New Haven, CT 06520
      www.freestateproject.org
    • DJ Entropy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2004
        On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:59:11 -0400 (EDT), Jason Sorens
        <jason.sorens@...> wrote:

        > Here's Mary's and my little report on the weekend (with some pics):
        >
        > http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/porcfest.html

        "Although the gentle reader will infer that we are naturally introverts
        who like to tramp about in nature whenever we can, it was the social
        aspect of the FSP that really stayed with us after this weekend"

        Amen to that. Agreed 100%. Nicely said!

        :)

        ps. kool-aid. =P

        --
        -------
        DJ Entropy

        "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." - George
        Bernard Shaw
        “The reason we can't find a relationship between the Constitution and the
        [present] government is that there is none.” - Michael Badnarik.
        "Lighting the fires of Liberty, one heart at a time!"
        Badnarik for President 2004
        http://www.badnarik.org
        http://www.freestateproject.com
      • julieq3514
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
          Richard and I had a great time at the Festival and thank all who set
          everything up. We are looking forward to "next year's!" Is there a
          Committee to help with the planning as we are volunteering.

          We were quite in awe of the beauty of New Hampshire on the drive up
          from Nashua and also took a pass on Mt. Washington due to weather
          conditions and visibility of only 60 feet. With no guard rails we
          *would* like see where the edge of the road is located. Being from
          Wisconsin, we're always prepared for snow so had the proper attire.
          Instead, we checked out Bretton Wood where the Gold Standard was set
          in July 1944.

          But we agree with you, Jason, that meeting like-minded individuals was
          the highlight of the trip and the reason we want to come back next
          year and eventually move to be with you all.

          Julie

          --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
            At 11:46 PM 7/1/2004 +0000, julieq3514 wrote:
            >Richard and I had a great time at the Festival and thank all who set
            >everything up. We are looking forward to "next year's!" Is there a
            >Committee to help with the planning as we are volunteering.

            Julie, you and Richard will be able to work with the "Porc Fest
            Czar" when he or she is picked. We're talking about it now. Stay tuned....

            Tim Condon, Participant Services Director, Free State Project
            Tampa, Florida - 813-251-2626 - email: tim@...
            A chance to live what you believe: www.freestateproject.org
          • DJ Entropy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2004
              ooo, neat!

              On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 22:16:57 -0400, Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:

              > At 11:46 PM 7/1/2004 +0000, julieq3514 wrote:
              >> Richard and I had a great time at the Festival and thank all who set
              >> everything up. We are looking forward to "next year's!" Is there a
              >> Committee to help with the planning as we are volunteering.
              >
              > Julie, you and Richard will be able to work with the "Porc Fest
              > Czar" when he or she is picked. We're talking about it now. Stay
              > tuned....
              >
              > Tim Condon, Participant Services Director, Free State Project
              > Tampa, Florida - 813-251-2626 - email: tim@...
              > A chance to live what you believe: www.freestateproject.org

              -DJ Entropy
              http://www.djentropy.com