Re: [FSP] Friday lunch at Porc Fest

  • Daniel Helman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2004
      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Tim Condon <tim@t...> wrote:
      > What's a pot luck Dan? I'm game, but I'm also unclear....

      A potluck is a meal where everyone brings one dish of their choice to
      share. You bring enough to make up more than one serving of that
      item, e.g. a large bowl of salad, a cake, a fried chicken, a jar of
      pickles, etc. This way there is enough food for a whole meal for
      everyone. You put the dishes on a buffet table and everyone helps
      themselves. The hosts (us in this case) usually provide plates,
      utensils and sometimes drinks.

      The "luck" aspect is that the meal may turn out to be unbalanced, for
      example if everyone decides to bring dessert. To avoid this
      sometimes people have a sign-up ahead of time with categories
      like "salad", "entree", "side dish", "dessert", but I don't think it
      is really necessary.

      The advantage is that you will have enough to eat regardless of how
      many people show up. It is also very convivial since you are sharing
      each other's food.

      See you Friday,
      Dan