Porcupine Picnic Saturday!

  • libertarian40
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2004
      Join the Seacoast Porcupines group this Saturday for a lunchtime
      picnic at the ocean. The event will be held at Odiorne Point State
      Park in Rye, NH at 12 noon. We will be having our regular monthly
      meeting there while watching the big ships coming in and out of
      Portsmouth Harbor. Bring a picnic lunch, come meet your Seacoast
      porcupine neighbors, and find out what this very active group is
      planning next!

      Odiorne Point State Park is one of New Hampshire's gems. Odiorne
      Point offers beautiful views of the ocean and beaches; the Isles of
      Shoals can be seen far out in the Atlantic. An extensive network of
      trails leads through the woods to the rocky and sandy beaches along
      the ocean and the harbor. The Seacoast Science Center, which is
      located in the park, has exhibits relating to the natural and human
      history of Odiorne and the Seacoast area. For those brave enough to
      take a swim after the meeting, Wallis Sands State Beach is only 1
      mile south on Route 1A.

      Directions: Take Interstate 95, US Route 4, or the Spaudling Turnpike
      to the Portsmouth traffic circle. From there, drive 2 miles south on
      US Route 1 to Elwyn Road on the left. Just before Elwyn road, a sign
      will say "To Beaches". An Exxon station is on the corner. Take a left
      onto Elwyn road and proceed 1.4 miles to Foyes corner and the stop
      sign. After stopping, go straight through, crossing Sagamore Road,
      onto Pioneer Road (Route 1A). Proceed 1.8 miles on Pioneer Road
      (which becomes Ocean Road) to the Odiorne State Park main entrance on
      the left. There is a $3 per-visitor fee; children under 12 are free.
      Ask the person at the gate for the "Free State Project" group and
      they will direct you to our picnic. We hope to see you all there!